Preview with blank page

Preview with blank page

Postby syda » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:16 pm

Hello,

Some times I have page blank when I use preview, to correct this problem I have to reset the machine. What is wrong? :(
FWH 7.04 + xHarbour.com xBuild 0.99.71
Resource Builder 2.6 (thanks to Rene for the indication)
Windows XP Professional
Manaus - Amazonas - Brasil
syda

Re: Preview with blank page

Postby DanielPuente » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:08 pm

syda:

That happens in windows xp when you have an error in your print code, the program quits with an error and a temporary .wmf file like tmp0001.wmf is not deleted in your c:\windows\temp directory. What you have to do to avoid reseting the machine is to manually delete that file if you can, and if it has read only attributes you have to press ctrl+alt+del and kill the task wowexec.exe and only sometimes vtvdm.exe. Then you can delete the temporary file and all become normal again.

Regards,
Daniel Puente
Mar del Plata, Argentina
danielpuente@speedy.com.ar
puenteda@hotmail.com

syda wrote:Hello,

Some times I have page blank when I use preview, to correct this problem I have to reset the machine. What is wrong? :(
DanielPuente

Postby driessen » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:52 am

Indeed, what Daniel said is right.

Only it is the process NTVDM.EXE which needs to be killed, not the vtvdm.exe. If you kill ntvdm.exe, the process wowexec.exe will be killed automatically.

It is not a question of the attribute read only, but the proces NTVDM.EXE keeps the tmp-file occupied. By killing this process, the file can be deleted again, which will be done automatically if you remake your report.

Michel
driessen

Return to FiveWin for CA-Clipper