Bunch of bug in TGet

Bunch of bug in TGet

Postby Gilbert » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:17 am

Hi All,

Again it`s been a long time since I was on this forum. I`m picking up where I left a few months ago.

For a while I thought I was crazy, but I went into heavy testing the TGet of FiveWin and found a few exasperating bugs.

Fisrt bug occurs when the text of a get object occupies all the positions and the cursor is positionned at the end of the text. In this case if I use the BackSpace key the character deleted is the previous to the last.

ex.: This is the text in the get object¦ -> original text
This is the text in the get obje¦t -> once backspace pressed

Second bug occurs if the text has the same lenght than the get object and the cursor is positioned anywhere in the get object. In this case if I use the right arrow key to reach the end of the text, the cursor wont go any further than the last character. Same situation occurs if I use the end key.

ex.: ¦This is the text in the get object -> original text
This is the text in the get objec¦t -> right arrow to the end

Third bug concerns the oGet:SelectAll() METHOD. Using the ON INIT clause of the activate dialog command to call the method should result in the get object text beeing selected and hilight in the control. This is not the case.

Fourth bug is even worst. Trying to use Copy, Cut and Paste METHOD to try to transport data from one get object to another one is absolutely desastrous. This is the case using either the keyboard shortcuts or the contextual menu.

Does anyone has an idea on how to fix these problem :?:

Regards

Gilbert :(
Gilbert Vaillancourt
turbolog@videotron.ca
Gilbert

Postby Gilbert » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:23 am

Hi,

If anyone is interested in trying out these scenario, I have created 4 small test program that demonstrates the problems.

Regards

Gilbert
Gilbert Vaillancourt
turbolog@videotron.ca
Gilbert

Postby Antonio Linares » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:48 am

Gilbert,

Are you using FW for Clipper ? What version ?

> If anyone is interested in trying out these scenario, I have created 4 small test program that demonstrates the problems.

Yes, please
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby Gilbert » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:15 am

Hi Antonio,

I`m using Clipper 5.3 and FiveWin 2.5

For the sample program I will send them to your personal email.

Regards

Gilbert
Gilbert Vaillancourt
turbolog@videotron.ca
Gilbert

Return to FiveWin for CA-Clipper