Ease of Use

Ease of Use

Postby alansecker » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:24 pm

I deferred employing FiveLinux shortly after purchase for three reasons:

1) It seems that it would not work with up to date versions of xHarbour, only the version specified in the documentation;
2) ALTD() and/or the Debugger could not be used and I cannot work effectively without a debugger.
3) The project I wished to port from Clipper has around 65 PRG files whereas the script supplied does not seem to faciliate the use of a file holding the names of the prgs, to be presented to the compiler/linker.

I decided to complete my next update under Clipper before attempting the port and GUI changes. I'm almost there now. Has anything changed during the last six months to overcome the three items above?
alansecker

Postby Antonio Linares » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:32 pm

Alan,

Unfortunately it seems there is very little interest in Linux development.

We practically have not modified it as there hasn't been users requests and we have very few users so we can not invest time and work on it.

FiveLinux works quite fine, and we enjoy Linux very much (same as we enjoy Windows and Mac OSX) but the market decides the way to go.

You can easily modify the build.sh we provide to support more than one file. And the debugger has been greatly improved in Harbour in the past months.
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Return to FiveLinux / FiveDroid (Android)