Android

Android

Postby MarcoBoschi » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:21 pm

Hi,
If I take some pictures with the camera of my Tablet or Smartphone How can I store them into a FTP server?
Imagine that I post some information on a web page from the tablet and then taking pictures.
Then photos must be stored on an FTP server.
Any ideas?

Simplified to the maximum, this is the scenario
Using a Tablet or Smartphone

First Name: _______________ "MARCO"
Last Name: _______________ "BOSCHI"
Push the button "Take Pictures" (timestamp 1)
I take some pictures....
Push the button "pictures taken" (timestamp 2)

Push the button "Upload pictures"

The action of this last button is to upload to the ftp server every photos taken between timestamp1 and timestamp2 and associate them into a particular folder named MARCO_BOSCHI.

King regards
Marco Boschi
MarcoBoschi

Re: Android

Postby Antonio Linares » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:44 pm

Marco,

You could implement a web page that collects the photos (following whatever criteria you may need) and saves them in your server

So from Android all you have to do is connect to that website, select the pictures (from your Android device) and upload them to the server.
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby MarcoBoschi » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:09 am

Antonio,
it's too complex for such kind of users.

usually they:
- enter their code
- enter the processing code
- enter "START"

then work....

at the end
- enter their code
- the processing code appears automatically
- enter "STOP"

the novelty lies in the fact that they take some pictures, this pictures taken in a interval time stamp will be associated to the "processing code"

I think it's just a button that does an upload of pictures taken in a range of time (START & STOP) folder on the server

anyway thanks
MarcoBoschi

Postby Antonio Linares » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:23 am

Marco,

You can modify how it works waiting until STOP is pressed, or sending each picture as soon as they are taken (so the user waits less).

But basically, unless you want to code an Android app, if you want to send photos from an Android device to a server, I don't see other way as the one that I suggested you (using a website page). Accessing a web site page (where photos are uploaded automatically) is the only way I can think about without having to code an Android app.

Another possibility is that you find an existing Android app that basically does what you are looking for.
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby MarcoBoschi » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:23 am

Antonio,
when You say (using a website page) You mean the typical web page where the user selects a file in the local resources to Upload
(facebook like?)

Many thanks
marco
MarcoBoschi

Postby Antonio Linares » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:28 am

Marco,

I mean a website that that to loaded from the Android device, so you could provide them a url icon that just pressing it connects to a website and all the process is done automatically.

Don't ask me how to exactly do it, I have never done it myself, but surely it can be done and quite easily (lots of webpages upload files, and you can control all the process from javascript, etc) so the user will not be prompted for anything.
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Return to FiveLinux / FiveDroid (Android)