Behaviour of GETs when editing text

Behaviour of GETs when editing text

Postby xProgrammer » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:22 am

It seems that if a GET has text in it and you want to edit it the text always gets added to the end or the beginning regardless of whether or not you have double clicked the mouse to a desired insertion point or blocked part or all of the test to overwrite / replace.

This can be seen with testdlg.prg if you initialise cAddress to some value, for example:

local cAddress := "My Address "

rather than set it to SPACE(20).

I note also that I have received the following warning which may or may not be related to the above problem:

(<unknown>:26188): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkEntry - did not receive focus-out-event. If you
connect a handler to this signal, it must return
FALSE so the entry gets the event as well

Didn't notice that from my code but did from testdlg.prg with initialised cAddress,
xProgrammer

Postby Antonio Linares » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:31 am

Doug,

Here it works fine though sometimes you have to click twice in between the GET. In this sample I have inserted "xbase" in between "Hello world!":
>
(<unknown>:26188): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkEntry - did not receive focus-out-event. If you connect a handler to this signal, it must return FALSE so the entry gets the event as well
>
Yes, I have seen it, though it does not happens always. The function is returning FALSE as required. It may be a GTK issue (?)
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Still problems with GETs

Postby xProgrammer » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:12 am

Antonio

I can get characters to insert into a GET but ONLY if I use the arrow keys to navigate through the GET text. Clicking the mouse moves the mouse pointer to the desired position in the GET text but that's not where the text gets put. It looks as if the the get object isn't getting or isn't handling the mouse click correctly.

Would you please look into this? Are you getting the same result? I really need a fix as it makes data entry too time consuming.

As you know I am running on Ubuntu Workstation 7.04 with the latest FiveLinux libraries you sent me and I have updated Ubuntu with all the latest patches.

Thanks

Doug
xProgrammer

Postby Antonio Linares » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:59 am

Doug,

Have you tried clicking twice ? Here it works ok if clicked twice
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Yes (see inside)

Postby xProgrammer » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:33 am

I have tried double clicking but that marks the word as a block - but you don't get the normal behaviour that you would expect from having marked a block - ie any characters written are additional characters, they don't replace the blocked text. The current cursor position remains the current keyboard position and not the mouse cursor position.

Also I note that if I have the app on part of the screen and the terminal session it started from also on the screen the cursor position in the terminal screen is being updated by the cursor control keys and by keyboard input but not by moving the mouse cursor position. Maybe that's some clue as to part of what is going on.

Thanks

Doug
xProgrammer

Postby Antonio Linares » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:07 am

Doug,

It may be related to the GT library that it is used. We should use -lgtnul but we can't find that file. We have asked it at the harbour mailing list and we are waiting for an answer, thanks
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby Antonio Linares » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:30 am

Doug,

Fixed. We send you new libs

thanks for your feedback,
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Thanks Antonio

Postby xProgrammer » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:37 pm

Thanks for this fix. Both the level and speed of your support are wonderful.

Thanks from a very happy xProgrammer
xProgrammer

Return to FiveLinux / FiveDroid (Android)