Strange Function of Keyboard

Strange Function of Keyboard

Postby xProgrammer » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:12 pm

I have had to go live with my first FiveLinux application although I still have a few minor issues. One problem that I hadn't noticed is as follows:

The left [Shift] key works normally but the right [Shift] key inserts the question mark (?) but also has the expected effect of shifting characters to upper case while it is held down. HELP! I didn't pick the problem up because I almost always use the left [Shift] key (not being a typist).

Reproduced on 2 different PCs (both Ubuntu 7.04) and 4 different brands of keyboard (nearly threw good keyboard away thinking that it must be faulty).

I need to know what I have done wrong? Or do I need a software fix?

Same problem exists with your sample testdlg.

Thanks

Doug
(xProgrammer)
xProgrammer

Postby Antonio Linares » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:41 pm

Doug,

Already fixed. We email you the new libraries and a modified FiveLinux.ch

Thanks for your feedback,
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Thank You

Postby xProgrammer » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:39 pm

Thanks Antonio

I will build new version of application and recheck remaining issues.

Currently getting around the list box problem (when tabbing in for the first time) by going through the options twice, adding the selected one on the first pass and all the rest on the second pass. This means that the selected option is always the first one in the list box. It means that the order the options appear in changes which is not ideal but its workable.

I had assumed that the tab order of items on a screen would be determined by the order of being added to the dialog but that doesn't appear to be the case. Haven't done a great deal of experimentation but it appears to by row then by column. Do you know if that is the case? If not, what is? How can we control it? I wanted the screen to work as if in two columns - that is down the left hand column first and then down the right hand column.

When you tab into a GET the cursor seems to move to the end of its contents including blank spaces at the end. So if you have initialised the data to say SPACE(16) the cursor goes to the end of 16 spaces and you have to hit [Home} or use a mouse click. Also blocking text doesn't work as one would expect.

A very minor issue is that if you hit [Enter] in a Get with the password option it adds the enter key to the password - and users (although told) seem to forget and say they are unable to log in to the application.
xProgrammer

Postby Antonio Linares » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:52 pm

Doug,

We have emailed you a new FiveLinux build that properly uses the numeric keypad

We are working to review the remaining issues, thanks
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Thanks

Postby xProgrammer » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:35 am

Once again thank you for your help Antonio.

FiveLinux is getting better and better as you remove these little gremlins. Whilst at times it must be a little frustrating, Five Linux is so close to being the truly superb product that it always promised to be, that I am getting really excited about it.

Thanks
Doug
(xProgrammer)
xProgrammer

Postby Antonio Linares » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:27 am

Doug,

We have just emailed you a new build that fixes your reported bugs :-)
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Fixed

Postby xProgrammer » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:34 pm

Hi Antonio

Latest build (09 December 2007) seems to have fixed everything - will do more extensive testing later today. I'm very happy and want to thank you for your continuing support. I knew we would get there.

My email has just died - thankfully just after I downloaded latest build. I guess my ISP is updating something. At least internet access is still up.

Thanks yet again
Doug / xProgrammer
xProgrammer

Postby Antonio Linares » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:48 pm

Doug,

Glad to know that you got it and that its working fine :-)

Many thanks for your excellent feedback!
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Return to FiveLinux / FiveDroid (Android)