My remaining "minor issues"

My remaining "minor issues"

Postby xProgrammer » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:50 am

Hi Antonio

I have just a few "minor issues" that make xHarbour/FiveLinux not quite perfect (just yet!).

1. I haven't found a way to control the order of tabbing through a dialog - as far as I can determine it goes in row then column order regardless of the order in which the objects are instantiated. I would like to be able to specify tab order and / or exclude objects from the tab list.

2. When tabbing into a GET object I would like the cursor to go either to the first character in the GET or immediately after the last non blank character of the GET.

3. The treatment of blocked text (not then overwritten) in a GET is contrary to most other software and confuses and frustrates users.

There is some more info on the above three in my previous posts.

The above tend to result in inaccuracies and especially leading blanks in some of the data entered into my software. For some of the more critical fields I have had to LTRIM existing data and use code such as

REPLACE PT_SURNAME WITH LTRIM( sSurname )

a safety precaution I haven't ever needed in the past.

The other little problem is that in a grid where all records cannot be displayed at once, the horizontal slider tends to cover the last row - I think a minor adjustment to the height calculation is necessary. Vertical scrolling doesn't seem to work quite as most users expect - I have some state that they can't scroll to the bottom of a grid - you actually can but sometimes it seems to take a bit of fiddling.

One final thing - did we ever fix WinExec to take more than 1 parameter?

I'm just so happy that I found FiveLinux. I just hope a few more users jump on the bandwagon. That would make the journey even more enjoyable.

Fond regards
Doug
(xProgrammer)
xProgrammer

Return to FiveLinux / FiveDroid (Android)