Consulta de hardware

Consulta de hardware

Postby cnavarro » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:59 am

Mi equipo de trabajo tiene dos particiones con arranque dual:
1) Windows 10 home
2) Windows 10 Pro

Por distintos motivos me veo en la necesidad de quedarme únicamente con la partición 2 ( Windows 10 Pro ) y eliminar el SO de la partición 1 ( Windows 10 Home ), con la idea de convertir la partición 2 en la partición principal de arranque, eliminando la partición 1, y que la partición 2 ocupe el total de la capacidad del disco.
Bien, como los datos y aplicaciones que tengo son muchas y muy importantes, y realizar una instalación limpia eliminando físicamente las dos particiones y volviendo a instalar todo, me llevaría un tiempo ( entre instalación y pruebas ) del que no dispongo actualmente, solicito vuestra opinión por si habéis pasado por esta situación para realizarlo con la seguridad de que va a funcionar y sin tener que volver a instalarlo todo.
Qué opináis?

------------------------------------------------------- ENGLISH --------------------------------------------------------------

My work computer has two partitions with dual boot:
Partition 1) Windows 10 home
Partition 2) Windows 10 Pro

For various reasons I see myself in the need to stay only with partition 2 (Windows 10 Pro) and remove the OS from partition 1 (Windows 10 Home), with the idea of converting partition 2 into the main boot partition, eliminating partition 1, and partition 2 occupying the total capacity of the disk.
Well, as the data and applications that I have are many and very important, and make a clean installation physically removing the two partitions and reinstalling everything, it would take me a while (between installation and testing) that I do not currently have, I request your opinion in case you have gone through this situation to do it with the assurance that it will work and without having to reinstall everything.
What is your opinion?
Cristobal Navarro
Hay dos tipos de personas: las que te hacen perder el tiempo y las que te hacen perder la noción del tiempo
El secreto de la felicidad no está en hacer lo que te gusta, sino en que te guste lo que haces
cnavarro

Re: Consulta de hardware

Postby Baxajaun » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:01 am

Buenos días / Good morning Cristóbal,

puedes usar / can use

https://gparted.org/livecd.php

para borrar la partición 1 / to delele partition 1

y extender la partición 2 / and extend partition 2

Saludos / Regards
Baxajaun

Postby Antonio Linares » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:03 am

Cristobal,

Uso WinClone en Apple iMac para hacer un backup completo de Windows.

I use WinClone on Apple iMac to make a full backup of Windows.

Es la manera más rápida y sencilla de asegurarte que no pierdes nada, y puedes restaurar el backup completo de Windows (todos los drivers, aplicaciones, etc) sin tener que reinstalar Windows ;-)

Its the easiest and fastest way to asure that you will not loose anything, and you can restore the Windows entire backup (all the drivers, apps, etc) without having to reinstall Windows ;-)
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby Baxajaun » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:07 am

Usa también Clonezilla para hacer una copia de seguridad de las particiones.

https://clonezilla.org/

Saludos
Baxajaun

Postby Rick Lipkin » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:35 pm

Cristóbal

I would definitely backup your volumes before you start meddling with partitions .. once you get your full backup there is a lot you can do with Windows built in Disk management

Control Panel
Administrative Tools
Disk Management

As you can see .. you can left click on a partition and remove and or extend a partition ... not a perfect solution every time and I have seen this process 'puke' ( old american computer jargon term :) )

Hope that helps

Rick Lipkin

Rick Lipkin

Return to Off Topic / Otros temas