PHP vs PYTHON

PHP vs PYTHON

Postby cnavarro » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:02 am

Cristobal Navarro
Hay dos tipos de personas: las que te hacen perder el tiempo y las que te hacen perder la noción del tiempo
El secreto de la felicidad no está en hacer lo que te gusta, sino en que te guste lo que haces
cnavarro

Re: PHP vs PYTHON

Postby hmpaquito » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:25 am

Más sobre comparativa entre lenguajes.

https://harbour.wiki/index.asp?page=Pub ... 1052597288

¿ Qué tendría que hacerse para que Harbour pudiera competir con Php y Python ? Mala cosa cuando tenemos que buscar cosas distintas a Harbour :?
hmpaquito

Postby cnavarro » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:20 am

hmpaquito wrote:Más sobre comparativa entre lenguajes.

https://harbour.wiki/index.asp?page=Pub ... 1052597288

¿ Qué tendría que hacerse para que Harbour pudiera competir con Php y Python ? Mala cosa cuando tenemos que buscar cosas distintas a Harbour :?

Quieres decir que tú andas buscando alternativas a Harbour, o como yo, simplemente me gusta estar informado?
Cristobal Navarro
Hay dos tipos de personas: las que te hacen perder el tiempo y las que te hacen perder la noción del tiempo
El secreto de la felicidad no está en hacer lo que te gusta, sino en que te guste lo que haces
cnavarro

Postby hmpaquito » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:40 am

Hola Cristóbal,

Me gusta estar informado. :D Pero lamentablemente hace tiempo que tuve que hacer algunas aplicaciones Web y Android y tuve que optar por otras herramientas.

No veo comunidad de desarrolladores suficiente (ni equilibrada) para tener un proyecto fuerte. (Fuerte = desarrollo constante)

Nuestra comunidad es pequeña y eso hace que no se produzcan suficientes sinergias para que el proyecto avance fuerte. Tampoco está bien vista la idea del desarrollo bajo crowddounding o similar. Así que estamos, IMHO, en vía muerta y perdiendo combustible :x

Saludos
hmpaquito

Postby cnavarro » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:10 pm

Lo que más me gusta de este "mundillo" es compartir experiencias
En qué has terminado desarrollando esas aplicaciones?
Cristobal Navarro
cnavarro

Postby hmpaquito » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:46 am

cnavarro wrote:Lo que más me gusta de este "mundillo" es compartir experiencias
En qué has terminado desarrollando esas aplicaciones?

Te pongo un email.
hmpaquito

Postby Carlos Mora » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:02 pm

cnavarro wrote:https://medium.com/quick-code/10-reasons-why-python-beats-php-for-web-development-c1af7d785816

Please read the comments to the article.
That is a comparison made by a pythoneer, so it is biased. For those who use PHP actively, it is obvious that that guy doesn't really know PHP in deep.
You can't speak about PHP frameworks and passing by without mentioning Laravel.
The high level of introspection in PHP's objects is far beyond the posibilities of Python.
PHP is a web oriented language, where it shows its best.
Package (library) management in PHP is one of the best: Composer. It works with all framworks and is used by everybody.
Last versions have roworked the JIT compiler, making compilation sth of the past.
Python is multipurpose, so it can be used for desktop apps, but enjoy dealing with different platforms and stuff that even mature languages haven't been able to solve.

¿Have you tried Javascript? I think it is a great language, asyncronous, multiplatform, for back and front end, available in all platforms, for web, mobile and desktop.
Saludos
Carlos Mora
http://harbouradvisor.blogspot.com/
StackOverflow http://stackoverflow.com/users/549761/carlos-mora
“If you think education is expensive, try ignorance"
Carlos Mora

Postby cnavarro » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:50 pm

Carlos, hello
It was not my intention to establish which language is the best.
Of course, by diffusion, use and potential, that JavaScript takes the first place
But, obviously, thanks for your contribution, since it fulfills the objective of my post: to know the different opinions and experiences of all because we will all learn.
On the other hand, I think there are aspects in which Python exceeds PHP according to the objectives you pursue (in this case mine), but also in many others PHP exceeds Python.
Thanks for your contribution.

Carlos, hola
No era mi intención el establecer qué lenguaje es el mejor.
Claro está, por difusión, uso y potencial, que JavaScript se lleva el primer puesto.
Pero, evidentemente, gracias por tu aporte, ya que cumple el objetivo de mi post: conocer las distintas opiniones y experiencias de todos porque todos aprenderemos.
Por otra parte, creo que hay aspectos en los que Python supera a PHP según los objetivos que persigas ( en este caso los mios ), pero también en muchos otros PHP supera a Python.
Gracias por tu aporte.
Cristobal Navarro
cnavarro

Postby Rick Lipkin » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:05 pm

Carlos
Please note the new Java\Oracle road map ..

[url]
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=36720
[/url]

We are removing java clients from ALL machines where I work because of the new licensing and potential charge to our company .. see link

Rick Lipkin
Rick Lipkin

Postby Carlos Mora » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:11 pm

Hi Rick,
Rick Lipkin wrote:Carlos
Please note the new Java\Oracle road map ..

[url]
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=36720
[/url]

We are removing java clients from ALL machines where I work because of the new licensing and potential charge to our company .. see link

I don't really like Java, it looks to me too heavy. But my experience with Java is really limited, just used as the language in a couple of programing courses so my opinion is somehow limited.
In any case, I would prefer to stay in an open language and move away from propietary products. The reasons seems to be obvious right now, with this Oracle move.

Back to the PHP/Python matter, nowadays there is not much to overthink about what language could look like better than other, it is important who is supporting its development and if new trends in programming technology are adopted/covered by new releases, and both of them have very big players backing them.
JavaScript is paradigmatic in this: being a (basically) poor and reduced language, its ability to run everywhere and widely supported has made it one of the strongest competitors. On top of it there are lotsof better languages like Typescript, and, under the hood, the appearance of webasm helped to improve JavaScript "under the hood".
Saludos
Carlos Mora
Carlos Mora

Postby cnavarro » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:36 pm

Carlos Mora wrote:Back to the PHP/Python matter, nowadays there is not much to overthink about what language could look like better than other, it is important who is supporting its development and if new trends in programming technology are adopted/covered by new releases, and both of them have very big players backing them.

Who?
PHP=
PYTHON= Google ?

Carlos
What languages and tools do you use?
Cristobal Navarro
cnavarro

Postby Carlos Mora » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:14 pm

PHP: Facebook/Wordpress/Most important eCommerce packages: Magento, Prestashop. CRM: Salesforce. Wikipedia. Yahoo/Flicker.
FB even created a compiler, that brought one of the biggest improvements in the new 7.0 release in terms of performance.
Another great positive aspect of PHP's ecosystem is Composer, its package manager. It has made using libraries a piece of cake, in fact modern frameworks like Laravel, Symfony, etc are actually collections of Composer packages.

Code: Select all  Expand view
composer create-project --prefer-dist laravel/laravel myProject

This command will create a new Laravel project. In Windows, OSX, Linux, etc.
Composer is to php what Bundler is to Ruby or NPM to NodeJS.
There is also a group, the FIG (Framework Interop Group) that coordinates the development and 'rules' the evolution of the language, that makes the future of the language itself very predictible.

Languages and tools:
Visual Studio Code, best editor ever, written in... Javascript!
Harbour: XEdit, FW, Harbour, OurXDbu, xBScript, BCC7. DBFCDX or MySQL.
For PHP: Laravel with MySQL for the backend, Bootstrap+Scss+JQuery in the front. Some projects with Codeigniter but no further active development.
Javascript: MEAN stack: MongoDB, Express, Angular (TypeScript), NodeJS,
SequelPro and phpmyadmin for managing MySQL.
Postman for testing Rest. Swagger for documenting and specs.
Saludos
Carlos Mora
Carlos Mora

Postby cnavarro » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:35 pm

Carlos, thanks for the info
Cristobal Navarro
cnavarro

Postby Carlos Mora » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:30 pm

Saludos
Carlos Mora
Carlos Mora

Return to Off Topic / Otros temas