ADS Driver

ADS Driver

Postby J-Bohanan » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:04 am

I am trying to access my database With the ADS Driver that I have used
in the Pass. My Last version of Fivewin for Harbour was 2.3. Now I have
upgraded to version 2.6 the September Build.

But I can't find the ACE32.Lib in any of my Dir.

I am trying to use the XHarbour Version of harbour to build my Apps.

I have also looked that the regualer version of Habour to, but the file
ACE32.lib is not included with ether Version.

Can someone E-Mail me a Version of (ACE32.LIB) for Harbour and
xHarbour Version 2.6.

My Harbour Version is 45
My XHarbour Version is .99.51

Thank you
Jim Bohanan

jim37920@aol.com
J-Bohanan

Postby Antonio Linares » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:08 am

Jim,

You may create ace32.lib from your ace32.dll:

implib.exe ace32.lib ace32.dll
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Re: ADS Driver

Postby R.F. » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:41 am

Bohan:

You have to build your own ACE32.LIB, and is very easy to do:

1) Locate the ACE32.DLL of your current ADS version, you can find a copy of it in the ARC (Advantage Data Architech) directory, if you don`t have the ARC, install it from the ADS CD, because you are going to need two more DLLs from it in order to make your (x)Harbour app to work with ADS.

2) You are going to need: ACE32.DLL, AXWCS32.DLL, and if you are going to work in local mode, the ADSLOC32.DLL, so copy these DLLs into your (x)Harbour application directory.

3) You are going to need a tool called IMPLIB .EXE this tool is included with the Borland C++ and is in the \BIN directory, this tool converts a DLL into a LIB file that you can link directly into your application.

4) Follow Antonio's directions (from the previous message) to create the ACE32.LIB

5) Now you are almost ready to run

6) Download a Copy of RDDADS.LIB, you can find it in the contributions section of the (x)Harbour download page.

7) Link the RDDADS.LIB along with ACE32.LIB into your application and now you are ready (don't forget to have the ADS DLLs mentioned before in you app directory).

8) What are these DLLs for ???? ok here we go:

AXWCS32.DLL is the ADS client for 32 bits applications, this DLL is needed in order to connect to the ADS Server.

ACE32.DLL are the ADS Functions, The Advantage Client Engine DLL has all the functions that let you handle the server, why do you need the DLL if you already converted it into a LIB and linked into your app ?, Because not all the functions of the DLL are converted to LIB, and there are some visual components (error messages, for instance) that need the DLL in order to be displayed in the screen.

ADSLOC32.DLL this is a "new" feature specially if you are comming from the ADS for Clipper, this is a "small" ADS Server that can be run in your local machine, this server has all the ADS features except Client/Server technology and transactions, but is fully operative, free, and can handle up to 5 concurrents users. So you don't need a remote server any more, with the ADSLOC32.DLL you can take home your personal ADS Server, do your test and then install the software to work on the real remote server.
Saludos
R.F.
R.F.

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour