Scroll wheel causing big problem. Major Help.

Scroll wheel causing big problem. Major Help.

Postby hag » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:55 pm

It seems that the scroll wheel on the mouse is skipping lines. Actually scrolls to every third line. And this is strange, after scrolling a browse the data entered anywhere in the program seems to have a value that is not intended. The value is 33 or 3. It adds a 33 or 3 to each numeric value entered. Does the wheel work on a variable that may be conflicting with my program?

:o Help
Thank you
Harvey
hag

Postby hag » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:26 pm

More on my problem.

The scroll wheel seems to be changing the keyboard in put. If I use the wheel and then make a character input the space bar throws in a numeric 3.

All help will be appreciated.
Thank you
Harvey
hag

Postby Antonio Linares » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:03 pm

Harvey,

Could you please provide a small and self contained example to test here ? thanks,
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby hag » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:15 pm

Antonio:

> Could you please provide a small and self contained example to test here ? thanks,

Real difficult to send small code. You scroll in one section and enter data in another.

In the data entry section I have a set key to command. Could this have anything to do with it? I'll take out set key to and see if it makes a difference. This won't be until later in day. Los Angeles time. I'll let you know.

Could you check my thread on Radio buttons disappearing i have a question there.
Thank you
Harvey
hag

Postby Otto » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:31 pm

Otto

Postby hag » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:49 pm

Otto:

Thanks for the information. But my problem is after using the wheelscroll when entering numbers in my get fields numbers appear from nowhere. The number is 3 and it is the same as the number of lines the wheelscroll skips. Also the number entered in the get can't be remove. Have to leave program and then all works OK. Very very strange.
Thank you
Harvey
hag

Postby hag » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:56 pm

Antonio:

Fixed the problem but it is real strange.

Tried ? wheelScroll() Result 3. The number of lines the scroll skips.

Then tried wheelScroll(1) to set the variable to 1...didn't work.
? wheelScroll() result still 3

Took function wheelScroll() from source function ValBlank.prg. Put into myprg set nScrLine to 1 and set default to 1. Tried the scroll. it worked one line at a time and my problem was fixed. The 3 was no longer in the gets I entered data in after scrolling.

Is this a bug or only happening in myprg. Why wouldn't wheelScroll() set the scroll to the desired number of lines?
Thank you
Harvey
hag

Postby nageswaragunupudi » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:33 am

It is strange.

WheelScroll function returns the value of windows settings. The default in windows is 3. Users at their end can change this value in the mouse properties in control panel. Windows users normally expect all well behaved software to respect the Windows settings. XBrowse from 8.07 started using this value but only for scrolling lines in the browse. To the best of my knowledge, FWH has not used this value for any other control yet.

After reading this post, I have tested and tested again but never found the WheelScroll function or its result to interfere with the behavior of any Gets.

I am very much interested to know how to reproduce this erroneous behavior in my Gets, so that I can avoid this problem, if exists, in my software.
Regards

G. N. Rao.
Hyderabad, India
nageswaragunupudi

Postby hag » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:43 am

I have absolutely no Idea how it happened. But it did many times. After setting the default in the wheelScroll() to 1 it disappeared. Very strange. I am converting from 16 bits to 32 from old fw 192. Maybe some things in the process casused it.
Thank you
Harvey
hag

Postby Antonio Linares » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:51 am

Harvey,

Do you use some external software or utility to get user input from the mouse wheel in the GETs ?

What Windows version are you using ?
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby hag » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:20 pm

No utility and using xp. It seems like something is putting the value of the scroll lines into the keyboard buffer. Is there a way to clear the buffer after the scroll?
Thank you
Harvey
hag

Postby Antonio Linares » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:47 pm

Harvey,

Please make this test. Create this function in your main PRG:

function wheelScroll() ; return nil

and try your app again, thanks
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby hag » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:50 pm

Will do at work now. Later in the day.
Thank you
Harvey
hag

Postby James Bott » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:17 pm

Hag,

Are you using PRIVATES and PUBLICS? Are you declaring all your veriables?

James
James Bott

Postby hag » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:26 am

Antonio:

>Please make this test. Create this function in your main PRG:
> function wheelScroll() ; return nil

Tried the above and it reduced wheelScroll to 1 line not 3 that causes my problem.

James:

I do have privates and publics call from beginning of program. All declared up front. I think the problem has something to do with the keyboard being jammed with the 3 skips the wheelscroll does. The three appears on a get enter and is I hit space bar it oruduces the 3.
Thank you
Harvey
hag

Next

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour