Google maps rotes

Re: Google maps rotes

Postby James Bott » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:03 pm

I recently purchased a GPS and I would highly recommend one for anyone driving for business. I will never go back to using printed route instructions. The GPS is like having a navigator in the seat next to you.

And they are cheap now--I paid around US$200 for mine. A business could easily save this amount by the drivers not getting lost anymore. Mine will even automatically reroute you around highway traffic jams (in certain large cities only).

Another issue is that when using printed directions and you make a wrong turn or miss a turn, then you are on your own. With a GPS, it automatically recalculates a new route and then tells you where your next turn is. Awesome!

James
James Bott

Postby George » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:21 pm

G. N. Rao.

You need to "geocoding addresses" in order to correlate you address with latitudes and longitudes.
You can use:
A) Google Maps API geocoder
B) Yahoo Geocoding API
C) geocoder.us

By passing the address you will get Lat/Long info.

Regards,

George
George

Postby Gale FORd » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:14 pm

There is an API for Google Maps. Some time ago someone on this board acquired the necessary tools. They did some programming and was marketing the code. At the time, if you wanted to be legal there was some cost involve with the Google tools. Because I did not need that level of control I decided to take a different approach. What could I do on the address line? So I went online and tried different options in Google Maps. Then generated the link and studied what they were doing. As it turned out most of what was generated was not needed, so I just took the most simple and direct approach. There are still some things you can do on the address line but more than likely you will have to get the API.
Gale FORd

Postby norberto » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:36 pm

hi , thanks to all, works fine. i need adapt this class to dont show google photos and ads, like first sample posted , this is possible? thanks
norberto

Postby Gale FORd » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:23 pm

If you use the "Directions" (Using 2 or more addresses) I don't see any advertisements. If you use just one address then I do see sponsor ads along with the map.

Here is info on the Google API which does not display ads. http://code.google.com/apis/maps/signup.html
The free version is tied to 1 domain. I don't have much time to look into this right now but anyone can take my code and do what you want with it.
Gale FORd

Re: Google maps points

Postby brewster » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:24 am

Code: Select all  Expand view
I have come across threads by Gale Ford about his Google map webmap class, map resource, webmap.prg,etc.,
from approx. 2007 and further to 2014, but the links seem to be broke ?
Does someone have these items available ?

http://www.hotshare.net/file/24300-4713157df9.html

http://www.xharbour.com/xhc/index.asp?page=xhc_download_detail.asp&type=dl&id=132&show_i=7&show_sub=1

http://www.xharbour.com/xhc/index.asp?page=xhc_download.asp&type=dla&auth=517&show_h=8&show_i=8&show_sub=2

brewster

Postby Gale FORd » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:19 pm

Gale FORd

Postby brewster » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:11 pm

Code: Select all  Expand view

Gale,

Thank you for the link.

Works great !

Would you have the "Map" resource used in the code ?

Thanks in advance

Bruce

brewster

Postby Gale FORd » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:22 pm

should have .rc in the zip file
Gale FORd

Previous

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour