Soap with FiveWin

Soap with FiveWin

Postby ali » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:01 pm

Hi!

Is it possible to have a communication with a SOAP Server over HTTP Request. Have somebody experience?

I hope someone can help me.

Regards

Aljoscha
ali

Re: Soap with FiveWin

Postby driessen » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:29 pm

What is a soap server ?
Regards,

Michel D.
Genk (Belgium)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
I use : FiveWin for (x)Harbour v. 24.02 - Harbour 3.2.0 (February 2024) - xHarbour Builder (January 2020) - Bcc77
driessen

Postby anserkk » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:38 am

SOAP, to put it simply, allows Java objects and COM objects to talk to each other in a distributed, decentralized, Web-based environment.

More generally, SOAP allows objects (or code) of any kind -- on any platform, in any language -- to cross-communicate. At present, SOAP has been implemented in over 60 languages on over 20 platforms.

SOAP Clients and Servers

A SOAP client is a program that creates an XML document containing the information needed to invoke remotely a method in a distributed system. SOAP clients need not be traditional. In addition to being your garden-variety desktop application, a SOAP client could also be a Web server or a server-based application.

Messages and requests from SOAP clients are typically sent over HTTP. As a result, SOAP documents are able to traverse almost any firewall, enabling the exchange of information across divergent platforms.

A SOAP server is simply special code that listens for SOAP messages and acts as a distributor and interpreter of SOAP documents. External Web services may interact with application servers based on J2EE technology, which process SOAP requests from a variety of clients.

SOAP servers ensure that documents received over a HTTP connection are converted to a language that the object at the other end understands. Because all communications are made in the form of XML, objects in one language (say, Java) may communicate through SOAP with objects in any other language (C++, for example). It's the job of the SOAP server to make sure the end points understand -- and are happy with -- the SOAP they're being served.

Regards
Anser
anserkk

Postby csincuir » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:47 pm

I hope, you understand me, I dont speek english.
You have use the Microsoft SOAP Toolkit 3.0:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C943C0DD-CEEC-4088-9753-86F052EC8450&displaylang=en

And then, you can use this form in FW:

oSoapClient := CreateObject( "MSXML2.XMLHTTP" )

Best regards.

Carlos.
csincuir

Postby ali » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:19 pm

Hi together!
Thanks for your help. I'll try it and keep you up to date.

Regards

Aljoscha
ali

Postby toninhofwi » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:30 pm

toninhofwi

Postby Roberto Parisi » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:27 am

Is xml-rpc (http://www.xmlrpc.com) supported by [x]harbour/fivewin?

Thx,
Roberto Parisi
Roberto Parisi

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour