Dlg Form flickering?

Dlg Form flickering?

Postby reinaldocrespo » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:26 pm

HI -again.

When I click on a check box or radio button on a redefined form in a dialog, all the controls inside -including static says and buttons flicker. It didn't used to do that with my previous fwh. Anybody knows what's causing it -how to avoid it?

Thank you,

Reinaldo.
reinaldocrespo

Re: Dlg Form flickering?

Postby reinaldocrespo » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:29 pm

Enrico;

Thank you.

That almost solves it.

It still flickers the first time you click on a checkbox. Please confirm if you can reproduce that behavior.

I mean; after that initial flick, subsequent clicking on the check box will not cause the flickering anymore. But there is still that initial flick.

Reinaldo.
reinaldocrespo

Postby Enrico Maria Giordano » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:58 am

I remember to have already fixed this problem in the past but I can't find the related messages in this forum, sorry.

If you prepare a reduced sample I will try to solve the problem.

EMG
Enrico Maria Giordano

Postby reinaldocrespo » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:19 am

Enrico;

Thank you very much.

So far, all my attempts to try to reproduce the behavior with a short encapsulated sample have failed. i.e. it doesn't flicker that first time with the short samples. Funny thing is that even on my app, it only happens on some dlgs and not all of them... I know, mysterious...

Let's leave this on the back burner for now. I'd hate to occupy your time with this issue right now. Perhaps in the near future I'll have a short self-encapsulated sample for your review.

Again, Thank you very much.

Reinaldo.
reinaldocrespo

Postby TimStone » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:42 pm

We actually have multiple threads on this, and perhaps, related issues.

The frustration for all of us is the inconsistancy of the problem. For example, I have a problem with checkboxes not working on some dialogs. It is always the exact same checkbox. However, I might have 4 on the page, and only 1 is having problems. The RC code is exactly the same for all of them, the variable is the same type, and the command line is essentially identical. However, its always the same one that fails.

The source of the problem will probably something that would normally be considered unrelated to what we see, but as we all experience, in programming, a change in one place can have a carry over effect on many others.

I have found that the problem goes away if I move back to 10.6. Of course, that means we would lose all of the great work added to FWH since that time.
Tim Stone
http://www.MasterLinkSoftware.com
http://www.autoshopwriter.com
timstone@masterlinksoftware.com
Using: FWH 23.10 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022-24 32/64 bit
TimStone

Postby reinaldocrespo » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:43 pm

Hey Tim!

How are you?

I know I had your email, but can't find it anymore. Sorry. I was working on some wrappers last few days that might help you (a little) on that other issue you are working with. Please write to me again, this time I'll make sure I save it to my address book.

[reinaldo dot crespo] at [gmail]

Thank you,

Reinaldo.
reinaldocrespo

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour