xbrowse and Tree

xbrowse and Tree

Postby reinaldocrespo » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:56 pm

Hi everyone;

I'm new to trees inside xbrowse.

I intend to display a tree using xbrowse and allow the user to change the tree (branches and leafs) at any time (although based on the same data), therefore I would need to change the tree being viewed on the xbrowse. Is this possible?

In other words, have a tree where the branches are dates and the leafs are individual transactions for that date, but then allow the user to change the view to a tree where the branches are department codes and the leafs are individual transactions for that department. All based on the same table.

Again, I'm new to trees inside an xbrowse. Any idea will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Reinaldo.
reinaldocrespo

Re: xbrowse and Tree

Postby nageswaragunupudi » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:53 pm

Possible.

We need to make two trees. We may start the browse with Dates tree. When user wants to switch over just oBrw:oTree := oBranchTree ( also need to set oTreeItem). Keep switching the two trees like this.

Main task is to make a tree. How do we make it depends on (1) tree with subtotals or not (2) how dynamic the data is and (3) how large the data is.
Showing subtotals gets a bit complex when the data is dynamic and large. Need to consider speed implications.

If you can describe your requirement in greater detail, preferably with sample data structure with a few essential fields and sample data of say 10 to 20 transactions, we can provide clearer advice.

Also, please indicate the FWH version you are using.
Regards

G. N. Rao.
Hyderabad, India
nageswaragunupudi

Re: xbrowse and Tree

Postby reinaldocrespo » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:53 pm

Mr. Rao;

I'd hate to occupy the airwaves with my queries.

Please write to me at: reinaldo dot crespo at gmail . com.

Thank you.

Reinaldo
reinaldocrespo

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour