List of changes between FWH7.10 and FWH12.06

List of changes between FWH7.10 and FWH12.06

Postby Marc Vanzegbroeck » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:14 pm

Hi,

I still use FWH7.10 with xHarbour 0.99.71.
Is there a list of changes between FWH7.10 and FWH12.06? Do I have to change something in my code?
FWH7.10 is still working fine, but I want to upgrade because I want to use MySQL, and it seems that the libraries like TDolphin, TMySQL not work with xHarbour 0.99.71. I also have try ADO, but also here I can't connect to de SQL-database.
Only SQLite is working very nice with xHarbour 0.99.71.

Thanks,
Marc
Regards,
Marc

FWH32+xHarbour | FWH64+Harbour | BCC | DBF | ADO+MySQL | ADO+MariaDB | ADO+SQLite
Marc Vanzegbroeck

Re: List of changes between FWH7.10 and FWH12.06

Postby Rick Lipkin » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:26 pm

Marc

I used FWH 9.10 and xHarbour 1.21 build 6476 successfully with ADO and Sql Server .. I think you are going to have pCode issues if you use the newer versions of xHarbour with 7.10.

A couple of changes I have noticed between FWH 9.10\xHarbour 1.21 6476 and FWH 1203\xHarbour 1.21 9444

1) xHarbour has created a new data type "T" for DateTime. No longer will your Sql DateTime fields be considered "D" for date. I was successful in asking the xHarbour developers to fix the manipulation of DateTime to mimic Date .. Before the xHarbour fix .. you could not add or subtract valtype "T" as you would ValType "D" nor could you successfully write back a ValType "T" to a Sql DateTime field... those have all been fixed with revision 1.21 9444 and newer

2) FWH has changed the way it handles Gets with the READONLY clause and you will be introduced to :

Code: Select all  Expand view

TGet():lDisColors := .f.

which I had to place at the beginning of my program

3) There is a new FWH function called SetDlgGradient() which simplifies the use of transparencies with Dialogs as well as the text placed within those Dialoges. The SetDlgGradient() function sets a global gradient that is inherited by all your forms. You can always change the value of SetDlgGradient() anywhere in your program, but you need to be mindful that the effects are global from that point on .. so you will have to program around that if you change gradient backgrounds on your forms.

4) Many enhancements to xBrowse, but none that I found that broke any of my FWH 9.10 code.

5) I like the Preview function where you now have the ability to save your reports to Word or to .Pdf.

Again .. I will mention to you that ADO DateTime manipulation has changed from Valtype "D" to ValType "T" and that will be your major task to deal with .. I have enhanced a function that was provided by one of our good friends in the FWH Community and I will share it with you. This function takes ValType "T" and substrings it back out to ValType "D". I have found this function to be a vital Function when dealing with the new xHarbour DateTime valtype "T".

Rick Lipkin

Code: Select all  Expand view

//-----------------------------
Function TtoDate( tDate )

If empty( tDate)
   Return( ctod("00/00/00"))
Endif

If ValType( tDate ) = "D"
   Return(tDate )
Endif

Return( stod( substr( ttos( tDate ), 1, 8 ) ))

Rick Lipkin

Postby Antonio Linares » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:33 pm

Marc,

There are many changes, bug fixes and enhancements (it has been five years since the version that you are using= but we do our best to keep backwards compatibility.

For a complete list you can review the posts that we publish every month in:
viewforum.php?f=16&start=0
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby Marc Vanzegbroeck » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:34 pm

Rick,

Thank you for you reply and information.
I think it will be the best and the easiest to upgrade to the latest version.

Antonio,

That is the list I was looking for. I only found the changes of the latest release...

Regards,
Marc
Regards,
Marc

FWH32+xHarbour | FWH64+Harbour | BCC | DBF | ADO+MySQL | ADO+MariaDB | ADO+SQLite
Marc Vanzegbroeck

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour