Warning concerning Kaspersky

Warning concerning Kaspersky

Postby driessen » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:36 pm

Hello, my FWH-friends,

I had a seriously problem on the network of one of my clients starting last Friday.

2 new PC's were installed with Windows 7 64-bits on a Server 2012. On both PC's, the latest version of Kaspersky (10.0) was installed.

Only a few minutes after they started using both PC's, several indexfiles (CDX) were made corrupt. We had to search for the reason of this problem. We started by uninstalling all recent updates of Microsoft because we heard about serious problems with one of the these updates, but that didn't solve the problem.

We disabled all cache memory on the different disk, but the problem was still occuring.

Finally we uninstalled the Kaspersky Antivirus software and after having rebooted both PC's, the problem of corrupted indexfiles dissappeared.

After that we installed the previous version of Kaspersky and everything was still ok.

So my advice : don't us the latest version of Kaspersky.

It reminded me on a problem with SMB2 in Windows Server 2008 which also made all indexfiles corrupt.

It was a hell of a search but finally we succeeded.
Regards,

Michel D.
Genk (Belgium)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
I use : FiveWin for (x)Harbour v. 24.02 - Harbour 3.2.0 (February 2024) - xHarbour Builder (January 2020) - Bcc77
driessen

Re: Warning concerning Kaspersky

Postby Antonio Linares » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:57 pm

Michel,

Many thanks for sharing it :-)
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour