Fivedroid on Qt

Re: Fivedroid on Qt

Postby Antonio Mart. » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:09 pm

Antonio,

Congrats !

Works fine on Android 2.3.4 running on Samsung Galaxy Mini (Phone)

More info about Android 2.3.4 in http://developer.android.com/about/vers ... 2.3.4.html

Tim,

I think you have to see things differently:
1st. It's an opportunity for us all. Today will be Android, Win RT morning, after iOS.
2nd. FiveTouch get the project a success, FiveTech will strengthen its position in the software industry and that will certainly be good for FWH.

regards
Antonio Mart.

Postby Manuel Valdenebro » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:34 pm

Works fine in Sony-Xperia LT22i - Android 4.04
Un saludo

Manuel
Manuel Valdenebro

Postby pablovidal » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:38 pm

OK, Galaxy S4 and HTC

:D :) :lol:
Saludos,

Pablo Alberto Vidal
/*
------------------------------------------------------
Harbour 3.2.0, Fivewin 17.02, BCC7
------------------------------------------------------
*/
pablovidal

Postby norberto » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:42 pm

Antonio,

Sorry, but this topic, at first, was not to discuss if it was feasible to a fivedroid? and in the meantime I enjoy the words above, I'm still using the Fwh 12.02, despite having purchased the fwh12.05, but I have read that has problems, these problems have been solved? why until we decide if we are going to develop for Android, Apple or another I need to keep my programs working.

I understand that Android in Spain at the peak (as in the rest of the world), but in some Spanish-speaking countries, like Argentina (hernan?), and Mexico the marketshare of Windows phone already passes or equals to that of the iphone, according to the latest figures from Kantar, I understand that Spain is living a financial crisis, but will use cheap devices running older versions of Android solve the problem or have a market in the medium term?
The rest of the world where the crisis is minor, are using iphones, ipads for business, or studying the new Windows 8 hybrids and tablets or Android 4.2.
Until the end of the year, we will have the result of patent trials, if google loses, the marketshare should decrease enough, because in addition to paying for Microsoft, they have to pay for Apple. 80% of all Android devices today pay for microsoft by patents around $ 10 per device.

But of course If you or anothers have business opportunity with Android, great, make a five-droid and "take the Money". I honestly would have been happy.

Unfortunately, I don't have any Android device to help test, but if you , one day, do a FiveWin RT or Fivephone, I have several Windows phone, Windows 8 Tablets and RT, and would be willing to help in testing and buy / Support the product.

Best regards.
norberto

Postby Manuel Valdenebro » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:02 pm

norberto wrote:Antonio,
I understand that Android in Spain at the peak (as in the rest of the world), but in some Spanish-speaking countries, like Argentina (hernan?), and Mexico the marketshare of Windows phone already passes or equals to that of the iphone, according to the latest figures from Kantar, I understand that Spain is living a financial crisis, but will use cheap devices running older versions of Android solve the problem or have a market in the medium term?
The rest of the world where the crisis is minor, are using iphones, ipads for business, or studying the new Windows 8 hybrids and tablets or Android 4.2.
Until the end of the year, we will have the result of patent trials, if google loses, the marketshare should decrease enough, because in addition to paying for Microsoft, they have to pay for Apple. 80% of all Android devices today pay for microsoft by patents around $ 10 per device.

Data from Kantar Worldpanel ComTech USA’s consumer panel:
"Through the 3 month period ending April 2013, Android now owns more than half (51.7%) of the smartphone sales market,. iOS remains in second place with 41.4% of smartphone sales, while Windows’ smartphone sales share remains at 5.6%".

Android 51,7% versus Window 5,6% ( in USA too).

I like Window system and I am working with FWH for Window. But I think Androyd is an opportunity.
Un saludo

Manuel
Manuel Valdenebro

Postby Richard Chidiak » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:15 pm

Antonio

OK samsung galaxy s3 Android v4.0.4 Ice cream sandwich

Great , keep going

Richard
http://www.cbati.com

Uestudio
Fwh 13.05 Harbour 3.2 MSVC 2013
Richard Chidiak

Postby norberto » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:17 pm

Manuel,
I agree with you and these numbers, I was referring to specific markets, on my Country, Android is the best selling too.
but those numbers, sales, and not the same thing as the market, and even more so, the corporate business market.

As antonio asked, I stopped in that topic here, to leave the focus on development, regards to all. :D
norberto

Postby TimStone » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:27 pm

Manuel,
While that statistic is true, it's because when you walk into a cell phone store they push those to earn higher commissions. You have to demand to buy an iPhone or windows phone. However, both iPhone and windows phones have over 95% satisfaction rates and Android phones are way below that.
The other point we keep coming back to is understanding what consumers will buy.b what is the average net income for an Android app? If a programmer spends a hundred hours creating an app, will he earn enough to pay his expenses and then have Monet left over?
Being successful with business is all about understanding the marketplace and I've done this profitably now for 32 straight years,
Tim
Tim Stone
http://www.MasterLinkSoftware.com
http://www.autoshopwriter.com
timstone@masterlinksoftware.com
Using: FWH 23.10 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022-24 32/64 bit
TimStone

Postby Antonio Linares » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:53 pm

Tim,

The world is changing very fast. Not embracing the present, somehow, is like living in the past :-)

No matter what are the reasons, Android is here and will be here for a long time.

Lets go with the flow and lets learn a little about how to use it... :-)
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby cmsoft » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:47 pm

Hello Word!!
Funciona Ok en Samsung Galaxy XY, Androide 2.3.6
Felicitaciones!!
cmsoft

Postby kok joek hoa » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:55 am

Works fine in Samsung Galaxy note - Android 4.04

Work fine in HTC desire V one - Android 4.03

regards,

Kok
kok joek hoa

Postby norberto » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:57 pm

This fivetouch for android, shouldn't be there in the Forum section of FiveWin for Android, for us, users of "present" can discuss here, issues such as the problems of the last version, the lack of an ide, a resource editor, an report designer.

Antonio Linares wrote:Tim,

The world is changing very fast. Not embracing the present, somehow, is like living in the past :-)

No matter what are the reasons, Android is here and will be here for a long time.

Lets go with the flow and lets learn a little about how to use it... :-)

really time passes very fast, so much so that google already has a complete development environment for Android, showed in last Google I/O.
norberto

Postby Antonio Linares » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:44 pm

Norberto,

You are free to talk about everything here on these forums. I would say that lately I read much more about Android on these forums than about an IDE for FWH (after all those years it has been proven that we don't need it). FiveWin was born and designed the way it is and has helped so many companies all over the world, so surely we can keep adding more and more features and improving it, but its essence remains the same :-)
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby norberto » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:20 pm

in fact, I think that I, Tim and others who think "different", we should spend to attend other forums.
I recognize his genius and respect you for everything, but really you think will be able to make a competitive product for Android?
That works in the different versions? formats? What happened to fiveweb? it did not work well on my IE10, will run in my IE11, should I force my customers to install Firefox or chrome?
As much as you're responsible, you're just one, Google has a team making their tool for development, when you finish the fivedroid, it will already be outdated and Android 6 is arrived.
And although this, FWH, as you are only one, will not have their problems corrected, and users will be forced to find other tools to develop.
Visual Studio 2013 with TFS, will dramatically reduce development time, whether it's for Windows, Web, using c#, java, visual basic, etc..
We Could be trying to adapt Fwh or Harbour to use this, Azure and TFS, I guess VS Works for Android too, but if experimenting with Android and most importantly, go ahead.
but remember my words: If you want to pay cheap smartphone or want the device for free or OS free, will not pay for the software or our services.
Or we will sell our systems for 1 dólar or make Money with ads from google.

My only request is: fwh1205 its totally ok? If it is, and I have paid fw since version 1.88 (1999 i guess), then I am entitled to claim.
After this, the time is yours, and you have the right to do whatever you want with it.

Best regards, Peace, good Job for you and others with fivedroid.
norberto

Postby Antonio Linares » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:51 pm

Norberto,

I don't know if you read all my posts here, but if you do you will see that I do my best to help everybody. FWH 13.05 is already rock solid same as next FWH 13.06. Confirmed by Rao and others, not just me. If Tim had some specific problems with an old xhb.com is not FWH fault.

Is it that bad that we dedicate just a little time to understand how to use Harbour on Android ?

Learning other operating systems will open your mind. It makes you realize similarities and differences. You always learn good things. Money is important, but much more important is to feel passion about what you do in your life :-)
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour