- I'm intrigued about the GUI implementation, you need to define common widget

gracias

saludos

Marcelo
Marcelo Via Giglio

Re: Fivedroid on Qt

Postby Antonio Linares » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:19 am

Marcelo,

pcode same as your EXEs. FiveTouch will use Harbour compiler libraries to compile the PRGs to pcode and execute them from memory.

Think of if like an easy dbase II or III, but with native GUI :-)

A Harbour powerfull runner to easily code and test on your mobile device. The idea is to code on your PC or even on the same device and execute it. Using settings to set a password so your users won't be able to change your sources.
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby Randal » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:03 pm

Colin:

Yes, but what if they cannot get internet access? There are some rural areas or even in some large commercial facilities where getting a wifi connection or cell phone signal is not possible.

What I really wanted to know was how are the accessing the database? Through a remote desktop connection? VPN? Is the app running on the tablet or the server?

If your service techs are in an area where there is no internet then I guess they just can't do anything? Or is the app on the tablet with temporary database that syncs with main database?

Thanks,
Randal

Colin Haig wrote:Hi Randal

Use there mobile phone as a hotspot or 3G enabled tablet.

Colin
Randal

Postby Antonio Mart. » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:50 pm

Antonio,

About your request:

More images Android editors: https://lh6.ggpht.com/PkuLClxM7J6JKrhOD ... WudmVAqiWQ
Antonio Mart.

Postby Antonio Linares » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:11 pm

I missed that Android is still 32bits so the NDK to use is the 32 bits one.

So here it is Harbour 32 bits for Android:
https://code.google.com/p/fivedroid/downloads/detail?name=harbour32_android_20130620.zip
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby TimStone » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:32 pm

Randal,

Cell phones can be a Wi-Fi hotspot. They can use an internet connection to their ADS server and thus be part of the full network no matter where they are located. I have internal ( network ) messaging in there so they can provide notes to others in the shop, etc.

Antonio Mart - I believe iOS is the number one actual OS. Please remember there is no one universal Android OS. Because of all the "flexibility" they claim, there are many versions and variants, all of which can not be upgraded equally. This is what the industry refers to as "fragmented". There is no single Android phone that has anywhere close to the intsalls as iPhone, nor is there any Android tablet with the popularity of the iPad.

Finally, why do I need to have a SIM card on a table for "connectivity" ? I see that as a detractor, not a benefit. My phone is a hotspot no matter where I go so I have connectivity through that. I also can connect through any wifi that might be available. Finally, if my carrier does not have adequate service, then I can connect through a friend's phone/hotspot on another carrier. To me a SIM is a severe limiter.

Tim
Tim Stone
http://www.MasterLinkSoftware.com
http://www.autoshopwriter.com
timstone@masterlinksoftware.com
Using: FWH 23.10 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022-24 32/64 bit
TimStone

Postby Antonio Mart. » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:57 am

Tim,

Using API 8 (Ver 2.2 Froyo) is compatible version with 99.8 % all android versions.

http://www.androidcurso.com/index.php/r ... les-de-api

There isn´t fragmentation ONLY spectaculars improvements on Android OS :D

Regards
Antonio Mart.

Postby norberto » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:46 am

norberto

Postby Antonio Linares » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:13 pm

FiveTouch for Android (initial tests):

https://code.google.com/p/fivedroid/downloads/detail?name=fivetouch.apk

Please activate on your Android the install of apps out of the market store (settings, security, activate unkown sources) and click on the above and install it from your Android device.

At this stage, if you get a MsgInfo() running then it means that the Harbour library has been properly loaded and the app initializes fine. Thats all to check now :-)

Thanks for your feedback :-) If you have an Android device with intel that uses houdini, your feedback is very precious. How to know that Houdini is active ? Because the app will load fine and the MsgInfo() will be shown :-)

Houdini is a great ARM conversor to intel on the run :-)

regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby norberto » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:36 pm

Antonio,

Why you deleted my comment? offended someone in the Forum? I just said I don't have android device to test, and that visual studio 2013 will be launched in 4 days, in an event of Microsoft build, something wrong with that?

Norberto
norberto

Postby Antonio Linares » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:50 pm

Norberto,

I know you did nothing wrong, but I don't want this thread to be a flame between operating systems.

This thread is to focus on FiveDroid, if you are not interested on it, its fine. But now I am asking for feedback testing it, sorry.

Some of us already use Visual Studio (in fact, I like very much VS2012 and still have a lot of things to learn from it, so I am not in a hurry for VS2013), so if you want to start a new thread about it, you are really welcome, thanks :-)

Many people here have real interest on Android and we have to respect them. I do like Android very much, same as I like ALL the operating systems :-)
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby Enrico Maria Giordano » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:05 pm

Antonio,

Antonio Linares wrote:FiveTouch for Android (initial tests):

https://code.google.com/p/fivedroid/downloads/detail?name=fivetouch.apk

Works fine on a Sony Xperia Z (Jelly Bean 4.1). :-)

EMG
Enrico Maria Giordano

Postby Enrico Maria Giordano » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:06 pm

Antonio,

Antonio Linares wrote:I don't want this thread to be a flame between operating systems.

I agree! :-)

EMG
Enrico Maria Giordano

Postby alerchster » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:19 pm

Antonio,

Works fine on a Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 (Android 2.2), ASUS Transformer TF700T (Android 4.2.1).
Regards

Ing. Anton Lerchster
alerchster

Postby TimStone » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:22 pm

Antonio,

Originally this thread was a discussion about IF you should develop a FiveWin for Android, and the request was based on comments relative to the suitability of Windows in today's market place. Its certainly not a "flame" to point out that Windows 8 is a viable solution for business apps and there are still issues with Android that are quite legitimate.

Several of us have made posts to clarify some of the mis-information posted about Win 8, and tablets on that OS. Why ? Because anyone who reads this should know the facts, not the myths. This is not a flame war. We count on this forum to be reliable, and it always meets that standard. It is the reason we can keep excellence in our application.

You can develop anything you want, but my concern is the time spent on an Android FiveWin is time not spent in handling the only product the majority of us use which is FWH for Windows. FWH 15.05 still has unresolved issues based on posts here. I was hoping those would be corrected so we could use it. I'm doing ok with .04 but some people are still on even older versions to assure stability.

Its OK if you don't want the original discussion to continue any longer in this thread, but there is no OS system war in anything I read, and the replies all were on topic with the original post. Perhaps it would have been helpful to move the testing discussion to its own thread.

Tim
Tim Stone
http://www.MasterLinkSoftware.com
http://www.autoshopwriter.com
timstone@masterlinksoftware.com
Using: FWH 23.10 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022-24 32/64 bit
TimStone

PreviousNext

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour