tDolphin , using it on remote computer

tDolphin , using it on remote computer

Postby Franklin Demont » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:55 am

Hello ,

I try to use dolphin or mySql , but i am afraid i do not understand the concept (server - client)

I have installed xAmpp on a computer , //MyComp. I can run it and start MySql and apache.
In tDolphin\samples i can build and execute some prg-files , using as connection data (in connect.ini) :

[mysql3]
host=127.0.0.1 // or localhost
user=root
psw=
flags=0
port=3306
dbname=testmysql

Next step is to run the generated program from a remote computer (in the network).
How can it be done ?

For a connection we have to know the hostname , i have no idea how we can get it or set it.

Frank
test
Franklin Demont

Re: tDolphin , using it on remote computer

Postby StefanHaupt » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:52 am

Frank,
For a connection we have to know the hostname , i have no idea how we can get it or set it.

in your case the hostname is the name of the pc where xampp is installed.

But, if I remember correct, xammp does not allow any sql access from outside the web environment. Better you install the standalone MySql-Server.
kind regards
Stefan
StefanHaupt

Postby Franklin Demont » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:48 pm

Do i have to install xampp also on the remote computer ? Datadir can be set on the datadir from the server !

It seems not to be efficient when we have a network with many computers.

Frank
test
Franklin Demont

Postby StefanHaupt » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:02 pm

I hope, I understood you right..

Xampp is only a webserver, that includes a sql modul. But, as I said before, this sql service is not accessible from outside, you can only access it if you have a website, running on that server, with e.g. a java or php app. These can access this sql service.

To run tDolphin normally you can´t use xaampp. Maybe xampp is configurable to open sql for everybody, but I don´t know.

I suggest to install a standalone sql server on one pc in your network. (MySql, SqlLite, MS Sql,...) This pc is now the sql server in your network, accessible from anywhere. Now you can create users and databases. MySql offers a lot of tools to manage the server.

I don´t have any experience ith tDolphin, I didn´t use it so far. But now it should be possible to access your sql server with tDolphin.

I hope this helps a little
kind regards
Stefan
StefanHaupt

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour