Using UEStudio with Visual Studio - Tip

Using UEStudio with Visual Studio - Tip

Postby TimStone » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:13 pm

I appreciate the benefits of Ultra Edit Studio but now I'm also working on my projects within Visual Studio 2013. For now, until the editor project is finished, the VS editor is harder to work with. So here is a tip that makes the task much easier. I'm using this strictly for the .prg files since the VS does handle C files properly.

In Visual Studio, under Files, select Open and then a file. Find a .prg file in your project. Use the down arrow on the right of the Open button, and select Open With. Use the browser to find the Ultra Edit .exe file and select it. ( You could actually do this with your editor or choice ). Hit the Add button. You will be asked if you want this to be the default for .prg files and you answer Yes.

Now, while working in Visual Studio on a project, any time you click on a .prg source file, it will open the file in Ultra Edit ( in a separate window ). Do your magic, and when you save the file in UE, the changes will be made in your project. If you then do a Build in Visual Studio, it will incorporate the changed code successfully.

I found this to be useful, and I hope it helps some others. You could try the same method with other editors, and report back how it works for you.

Tim
Tim Stone
http://www.MasterLinkSoftware.com
http://www.autoshopwriter.com
timstone@masterlinksoftware.com
Using: FWH 23.10 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022-24 32/64 bit
TimStone

Re: Using UEStudio with Visual Studio - Tip

Postby Kleyber » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:27 pm

Tim,

Thanks for the tip.
Kleyber Derick

FWH / xHb / xDevStudio / SQLLIB
Kleyber

Re: Using UEStudio with Visual Studio - Tip

Postby Antonio Linares » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:50 pm

Tim,

Very good, thanks! :-)

Today I got more news from Sarabjeet that his is finishing with the syntax highlighting for the MyCLanguageService and once he is done, we will test intellisense and dropdown syntax and at that point we will start implementing the Harbour syntax, so we are moving forward :-)

But in the meantime, yes, it is a very usefull tip
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour