Introducing FiveTech's fivedit

Re: Introducing FiveTech's fivedit

Postby cnavarro » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:35 pm

--------------------------------------- NEW VERSION 21/02/2016 -----------------------

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24025&p=187008#p187008
Cristobal Navarro
Hay dos tipos de personas: las que te hacen perder el tiempo y las que te hacen perder la noción del tiempo
El secreto de la felicidad no está en hacer lo que te gusta, sino en que te guste lo que haces
cnavarro

Postby James Bott » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:37 pm

Wow, there have been a lot of changes and improvements since I last looked at the editor.

I tried to change all the backgrounds to white, but there are some issues. (1 and 2) are still showing the original gray background in some places.

Also I note that whenever the cursor is not in the edit panel, the Zoom message (3) flickers annoyingly whenever the mouse cursor is moved.

I hope these will be easy fixes. Keep up the good work.

James

James Bott

Postby cnavarro » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:49 pm

James Bott wrote:Wow, there have been a lot of changes and improvements since I last looked at the editor.

I tried to change all the backgrounds to white, but there are some issues. (1 and 2) are still showing the original gray background in some places.

Also I note that whenever the cursor is not in the edit panel, the Zoom message (3) flickers annoyingly whenever the mouse cursor is moved.

I haven't quite figured out how to compile yet--it seems to be well hidden.

I hope these will be easy fixes. Keep up the good work.

James

James, thanks for your words
Yet there is a problem in changing preferences (colors and sets), and the editor needs to be restarted for the changes to be applied

I appreciate your comments to fix any bugs and make a better product
If you need any clarification or support, I am at your disposal
Cristobal Navarro
Hay dos tipos de personas: las que te hacen perder el tiempo y las que te hacen perder la noción del tiempo
El secreto de la felicidad no está en hacer lo que te gusta, sino en que te guste lo que haces
cnavarro

Postby James Bott » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:55 pm

Cristobol,

While you were replying I did discover that #1 goes away upon reloading the file.

However, #2 still appears the same after reopening the file.

Thanks for the quick response.

James
James Bott

Postby cnavarro » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:57 pm

James Bott wrote:Cristobol,

While you were replying I did discover that #1 goes away upon reloading the file.

However, #2 still appears the same after reopening the file.

Thanks for the quick response.

James

I'm going to check that,
I thought that that issue successfully worked to Reboot the editor
Cristobal Navarro
cnavarro

Postby cnavarro » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:05 pm

Gradually I wanted to make a small manual

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=31596
Cristobal Navarro
cnavarro

Postby James Bott » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:17 pm

Here is a suggestion.

This is something I now find I can't live without. This is a screenshot of the function/method panel in the PSPad editor. The author worked with me to make it into a tree view so you can show functions and classes as top-level tree items. And, like Fivedit, you can leave them in natural order or sort them by alpha. Very useful.

Without this, if you have multiple classes in the same PRG, the methods are all mixed up so you can't tell which methods go with which class. As you probably know, I am a heavy OOP user so these features are very useful for me and I expect lots of others would like them too.

Another nice feature is that under Functions, some have a red icon and some have brown. The red ones are static functions and the brown are not.

It would be nice if Fivedit had this design.

James

James Bott

Postby cnavarro » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:22 pm

James, thanks

Yes, I was already working in that the user can change the function xbrowse for xbrowse-tree

Regards
Cristobal Navarro
cnavarro

Postby James Bott » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:24 pm

Cristobal,

OK, I did find that if you exit the editor, then run it and reload the PRG, problem #2 is fixed. It still would probably be better if it was fixed without exiting and rerunning.

Regards,
James
James Bott

Postby James Bott » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:26 pm

Yes, I was already working in that the user can change the function xbrowse for xbrowse-tree

Geat to hear that!

Thanks,
James
James Bott

Postby cnavarro » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:27 pm

James Bott wrote:Cristobal,

OK, I did find that if you exit the editor, then run it and reload the PRG, problem #2 is fixed. It still would probably be better if it was fixed without exiting and rerunning.

Regards,
James

Yes, you are right

For now you can double-click on the header "Type" of xbrowse function, although no difference if there are several classes in the same .prg
Cristobal Navarro
cnavarro

Postby James Bott » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:33 pm

For now you can double-click on the header "Type" of xbrowse function, although no difference if there are several classes in the same .prg

Yes, that helps, but being able to collapse entire classes so you only see the methods for the class you are working on, is invaluable (IMHO).

James
James Bott

Postby James Bott » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:34 pm

Gradually I wanted to make a small manual

Yes, not only would a manual be helpful, it would really be a requirement for something this complex.

James
James Bott

Postby cnavarro » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:35 pm

James Bott wrote:

Yes, that helps, but being able to collapse entire classes so you only see the methods for the class you are working on, is invaluable (IMHO).

James

James, solution of xbrowse-tree is better, I have no doubt
Cristobal Navarro
cnavarro

Postby cnavarro » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:43 pm

James, one question

In Fivedit, pressing ESC in the editor, the xbrowse function, takes focus and allows you to type the initials of the method or function
In the tree you use you also have that functionality?
As it gets differentiate whether you are looking for it is in a function or in one of the classes ?
Cristobal Navarro
cnavarro

PreviousNext

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour