Can TGraph do X,Y plots?

Re: Can TGraph do X,Y plots?

Postby alvaro533 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:04 am

James Bott wrote:I should clarify, in the beginning of this thread I was talking about making an x,y chart with just data points. This is also commonly called a scatter chart. For this type of chart the data points can be in any order. You can see a sample scatter chart here:

https://www.highcharts.com/docs/chart-and-series-types/scatter-chart

The line chart that TGraph has already, is a series chart where the X-axis data is in increasing order starting from the smallest point. An example might be temperature vs month-of-the-year. Here is a sample line chart:

https://www.highcharts.com/docs/chart-and-series-types/line-chart

Alvaro, which type of chart are you looking for? What type of data are you working with?

I did the first one, the "Scatter Chart". It's is already working. I have to finish minor changes. I will send it to you when finished. In my modified class you can choose between drawing individual points or drawing a line between points, in this case in the same order that the points have in the array, although the distance between x values may not be constant and may increase and decrease.

I forgot in my previous posts to credit the author of the excellent class, Alfredo Arteaga.

Regards,

Alvaro

A working example of the modified class

alvaro533

Postby alvaro533 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:45 pm

Antonio Linares wrote:Alvaro,

Would you mind to post it here or send it to me by email, so we can include it in next FWH 18.02 ?

many thanks

Hi Antonio, sorry I skipped your message yesterday. If the class is going to be included in the next release of FWH I will polish it a little and I will add some comments. Give me a few days.

Alvaro
alvaro533

Postby Antonio Linares » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:31 am

Many thanks :-)
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby alvaro533 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:51 pm