Live Tiles (Metro) Examples.

Live Tiles (Metro) Examples.

Postby byron.hopp » Sun May 15, 2016 4:49 pm

Anybody sees any code with Live Tile Examples for a Metro Style app. I am attempting to build a scan app (barcode scan) for a Microsoft Surface.

Thanks,

Byron ...
Thanks,
Byron Hopp
Matrix Computer Services
byron.hopp

Re: Live Tiles (Metro) Examples.

Postby Antonio Linares » Sun May 15, 2016 6:26 pm

Byron,

Do you mean a Windows Universal app or a desktop app ?

What connection protocol do you use for the barcode scan ? Does it emulate a keyboard ?
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby byron.hopp » Sun May 15, 2016 8:21 pm

Antonio,

Probably Universal, I guess I don't really know. Because I am writing it on a Microsoft Surface I was hoping to have the app look similar to what the start screen would look like (the old windows 8.1 start screen). In fact I already have it working (kind of). I am using the class "tMetro" in fivewin. I add buttons to my Metro class and they look very similar to the tiles I am speaking about, but I don't see an option to make one of the buttons / tiles to behave like a "Live Tile" where it displays information that changes or updates.

For example the sample app Metro.prg in the samples folder of the FWH directory displays a clock with black background, maybe we could make that a live time. On my workstation this clock does not look very good as it is.

Also you asked about my barcode scanner. I am using a Motorola Bluetooth scanner, and I would like to "NOT Utilize" the stuff keyboard technique, my past experience has been using serial port implements much better. I haven't even crossed that bridge as of yet, if you have any additional information on how to access information from Bluetooth I would be very appreciative.

This app uses JSON to communicate to the server, however the server side of the JSON connectivity is written in C# (dot.net), is there any way to write the server side using Fivewin?

Thanks as always,

Byron ...
Thanks for all your help as always.
Thanks,
Byron Hopp
Matrix Computer Services
byron.hopp

Postby nageswaragunupudi » Sun May 15, 2016 8:27 pm

If you are using TMetro, we suggest using TMetroPanel.

Please check the sample \fwh\samples\metrptst.prg

This looks and works like Windows 8.1 start screen and is also fully touch compatible.

We are planning to provide live tiles support in the next release and improve it to make the look and functionality even closer to Windows 10.

If there is need we can hasten the work too.

Regards

G. N. Rao.
Hyderabad, India
nageswaragunupudi

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour