FAQ - 1st [x]Harbour INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE

FAQ - 1st [x]Harbour INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE

Postby Ruth » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:12 pm

Q: What does the LEISURE TIME look like?

A: The LEISURE TIME together will start on
    Wednesday, 5th of July 2017, in the afternoon. We will cycle to the capital city "Lienz" longside the river "Drau". It will be a great afternoon on officially one of the most beautiful cycling routes of Europe.
    On Thursday we will visit the world famous TRE CIME di LAVAREDO and the city of Olympic wintergames "Cortina".
    On Friday we will drive to Salzburg (Mozart´s hometown) together and we will take the high Alpine road passing the glacier Grossglockner.
    Saturday we will be visiting the lake of Braies - an icon of our valley and a very popular movie-set (Terence Hill series,...).
Last edited by Ruth on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ruth

Re: FAQ - 1st [x]Harbour INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE

Postby Ruth » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:15 pm

Do you want to see some photos - please visit http://www.bergland.info/xharbour-2017-international-conference-20170703-20170705/#leisure - I made a small gallery for you guys. Sure we don´t forget about the tecnical part of the CONFERENCE but still there has to be some free time too and our region is really beautiful in summer-time.
Ruth

Postby Ruth » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:03 am

Q: What is the programm for friends and family during the CONFERENCE?

A: Monday will be a hike-day. The group will go to "MONTE ELMO" (4 km away from the hotel) by train and up the hill with the funicular. The detailed costs will be online very soon.
Adults, for example, pay 18.- EUR for the funicular to MONTE ELMO (up and down),
children pay 11.- EUR (up and down): see http://www.dreizinnen.com

On Tuesday friends and family will go to the nice city of "BRUNECK" by train and visit the historic center, stroll around and enjoy the nice flair there. In the evening we will all meet at Innichen for an aperitivo before dinner at the hotel.

On Wednesday friends and family will have the morning for their free disposal and in the afternoon they will join the CONFERENCE-group for the bike-ride to the city of "LIENZ".
Ruth

Postby Ruth » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:04 pm

Q: Who will be speaking at the [x]HARBOUR 2017 INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE?

A:
    Antonio Linares, CEO FiveTech Software S.L.
    CA G. Nageswara Rao, BSc, FCA
    Reinaldo Crespo
    Cristobal Navarro (FiveTech development team)

Last edited by Ruth on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruth

Postby Ruth » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:13 pm

Q: how do I reach Sillian?

A: Sillian is deep in the province of Tyrol in the middle of the Dolomites (UNESCO world heritage). The journey is longer than usual but more than worth it.
According to us it is best to arrive at the airport of MUNICH (Germany) if INNSBRUCK (Tyrol) or KLAGENFURT (Carintia) are not on the route of your airline. From Munich you can come to Sillian by rental car (about 3h 10min) travelling over Kitzbühel and Lienz or you can take the train - which is very comfortable too.
Ruth

Postby reinaldocrespo » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:14 pm

Hello everyone;

I made this same trip with my wife about two years ago (Sept 2015).

After landing in Munich I took a nice and quiet train ride from the airport to Munich main central train station called Munich Hbf. I think that was about 45 minutes train ride and about 12 euros. From Munich Hbf you can purchase a train ticket to just about anywhere, including the city of Lienz that is very close to Sillian and I think that would be the easiest way for everyone traveling either from Munich or Vienna international airports. I rode only to Zell am See, Austria where I was to meet with Otto. Zell am See is where the movie The Sound of Music was filmed. This is a nice, confortable and beautiful ride where I must have taken over 100 photos of the landscape during the 3.5 hours it took. It was also during this train ride that I became acquainted with Austrian blond beer :-) good stuff -make sure you have some.

On the way back I rode the train out of Sillian bahnhof to Vienna where I visited for a few days after Otto helped me land a room on the best hotel right across the opera house at a great price. Thank you Otto, and please be ready to do the same again.

Booking the 4.5 hr for about 30 euros travel to Lienz from Munich Hbf should be easy, try this link: https://www.trainline.eu/search/munchen-hbf/lienz-in-osttirol/2017-07-02-08:00. There is train service from Lienz to Sillian bahnhof and you should plan to make it to Lienz before 18:00 or 6pm as I'm not sure there is train service after 18:10 to Sillian and that should be a 45 minute ride. From the bahnhof to the hotel I think there is less than 1 mile or 1.5km.

Perhaps at some point as we get closer to the date, Ruth can tell us more about other ways to reach the hotel in Sillian from Lienz or if pickup can be arranged.

I have already asked and received confirmation from SAP to distribute developer licenses for ADS server to all attendees. I hope everyone makes an effort to come. It will be well worth it.

I hope this helps,

Reinaldo.
reinaldocrespo

Postby Ruth » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:55 pm

Dear Reinaldo,

thank you very much for sharing your travelling experiences with us. I hope that people could get encouraged to do the journey. Sillian is not so near to the airports but it is definitely worth coming - first of all for the great conference and the nice community and also for the beauty of nature.

please don´t hesitate and ask us about the travel - our email-adress at the hotel is hotel@bergland.info and usually you reach me or my mum. Also here on the forum we can talk about this and maybe there will be some people travelling together so that we could organize a shuttle from MUNICH to SILLIAN - this would be convenient.

Kind regards
Ruth
Ruth

Postby Ruth » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:01 pm

Q: What is the official language during the INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE?

A: The main language will be English with a simultaneous translation to Spanish. Handouts and powerpoint will be in English and Spanish.
Ruth

Postby Ruth » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Ruth

Postby Ruth » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:57 pm

Q: Do I need a VISA to come to Austria?

A: Mr. Rao wrote: "Dear Mr Otto

It depends on the country from which they are coming.
For example, holders of passport of USA, Canada, Brazil, UK, and many such countries do not require visa for a short stay in Europe.

Regards,
G. N. Rao"
Ruth

Postby Ruth » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:55 am

Q: Will there be means to project a Mac onto a screen? e.g. MacBook Air - What kind of big screen plug will there be to connect to (VGA standard, etc.)?

A: There will be means to project a Mac onto the screen. The local team will take personal care of this.
Ruth

Postby Ruth » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:51 am

Dear friends,

the official T-Shirt is available now in S, M, L, XL and XXL. You can order your T-Shirt here in the forum (leave a comment) or with an email to hotel@bergland.info.

Kind regards and see you all soon for the first [x]HARBOUR INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE here at Sillian.

Ruth
Ruth

Postby Ruth » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:38 am

Dear friends,

we will organize a shuttle from MUNICH airport to SILLIAN on Sunday, 2nd of July, at some time in the afternoon if there are enough people interested.

Please tell me if you want to join.

Kind regards Ruth
Ruth

Postby reinaldocrespo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:32 pm

Count me. Thank you,

Reinaldo.
reinaldocrespo

Postby Ruth » Tue May 02, 2017 8:35 am

Dear friends,

everbody is looking forward to welcoming you all in July. I forward to you the words our mayor, Mr. Hermann Mitteregger, wrote to you.

Kind regards
Ruth

"A warm welcome to the xHARBOUR community. As the Mayor of Sillian I am very proud and honored that you have chosen our beautiful region for the first xHARBOUR INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE. I wish you all the best for the planning process.

I have heard that the participants come from many different parts of the world, some from very far away. To all of you: have a nice journey. We are proud and happy to have you here at Sillian in July.
The writing of computer programs is not just a technical task, but also highly creative. We hope that you get inspired by the stunning nature of our beloved valley in the garden of the Dolomites. Maybe these positive surroundings can inspire and create interesting ways of collaboration and exchange among so many experienced professionals.

Looking forward to July, when all of you we will be here with us, I hope that this first xHARBOUR INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE will turn out to be a great success."

Ruth

Next

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour