Harbour Problems | Resolved!!!

Re: Harbour Problems

Postby oliveiros junior » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:08 am

Caro Silvio,

Uso a vTaskbar ( versão 1.9 ) do Paco, porém tenho problema com versões mais novas. Vi que você também usa, Você tem o contato dele? Preciso verificar a possibilidade de atualizar a versão.

Att.,

Oliveiros Junior
oliveiros junior

Postby Silvio.Falconi » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:49 pm

I not undesrtood what you want from me . I use vtaskbar correctly
Since from 1991/1992 ( fw for clipper Rel. 14.4 - Momos)
I use : FiveWin for Harbour November 2023 - January 2024 - Harbour 3.2.0dev (harbour_bcc770_32_20240309) - Bcc7.70 - xMate ver. 1.15.3 - PellesC - mail: silvio[dot]falconi[at]gmail[dot]com
Silvio.Falconi

Postby oliveiros junior » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:10 am

Olá Silvio,

Obrigado pela resposta. Precisava do contato do Paco Garcia.

Att.,

Oliveiros Junior
oliveiros junior

Postby Silvio.Falconi » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:07 pm

I not have Paco Garcia 's mail , In these years I have sent so many messages to Paco Garcia without ever having a response to both vtaskbar and other classes. Paco Garcia seems to have disappeared into nothingness

En estos años he enviado muchos mensajes a Paco Garcia sin haber tenido una respuesta para ambas vtaskbar y las dos otras clases. Paco Garcia parece haber desaparecido en el aire
I use : FiveWin for Harbour November 2023 - January 2024 - Harbour 3.2.0dev (harbour_bcc770_32_20240309) - Bcc7.70 - xMate ver. 1.15.3 - PellesC - mail: silvio[dot]falconi[at]gmail[dot]com
Silvio.Falconi

Postby James Bott » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:12 pm

Silvio,

In practice, xharbour only wants namevariable = "A", that is, only one letter and no more letters

It sounds like you are saying all variable names can only be one character long. Is that right?

Well, it can't be right, I have been using long variable names all along, so I am guessing it is something else.

Can you give us a short code example that shows the error?

James
FWH 18.05/xHarbour 1.2.3/BCC7/Windows 10
James Bott

Postby TimStone » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:39 pm

Silvio,

I can't help with your controls problem, but I would like to share one observation. I have a program where my source code alone is more than 3.6 MB in size.
You can add to this FWH and Harbour, plus all the necessary libraries, and of course all the windows libraries.

I build with FWH 17.06, Harbour, and Microsoft Visual C++ 2017, which is part of the FREE Microsoft Visual Studio Community edition. The programs compile, and link, with absolutely no problems.

In making the transition, I had to replace some older code with newer functionality. In every case, the newer functions were better than what I had been using. I also had to modify how I implemented some of the FWH code. The older methods had some problems because the classes had been significantly enhanced. Using my UE Studio / Ultra Edit, I was able to find and modify the code throughout the source very quickly.

In addition, the current code was a significant re-write of my old code, with an emphasis on moving functions into classes, following the OOPs guidance provided by James Bott. This resulted in faster, cleaner, code that actually saw about a 30% reduction in the code size.

As I follow your struggle with this transition, perhaps it would be worth the time to consider replacing some of the old libraries you are using ( and you said you have no ability to communicate with the author ). It may not be that FWH is broken, but rather that the error is how your old libraries address the current version.

One last point. I also have the same code compiled and linked in xHarbour ( .com version ). There are some features in Windows that simply cannot be supported with that version, and my clients who use it are seeing that it performs slower, and not as cleanly, as the .exe built with Microsoft Visual Studio. There is some time required to make the transition, but in the end, the results may be very good for you.

Tim
Tim Stone
http://www.MasterLinkSoftware.com
http://www.autoshopwriter.com
timstone@masterlinksoftware.com
Using: FWH 23.10 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022-24 32/64 bit
TimStone

Postby Silvio.Falconi » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:13 pm

Tim,
I not have problems
I use xmate (x)harbour and Harbour
I made exe lib and dll
I have the problems perhaps when someone change any classes or functions and then he forget to notice us !!!!

I do not sell any application I have to overcome the costs of fwh and all other libraries used in my programs.

I resolved all problems for this topic
Silvio.Falconi

Postby TimStone » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:44 pm

Silvio,

I'm happy you solved all the problems.
FWH includes many new abilities that might eliminate some of the other libraries you have that are old and not supported.
I suggested Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition because it is FREE.
Also, I shared that James advice on OOPS programming will help to overcome a lot of problems.

I agree about documentation. However, most changes are at least noted in the Whats New file with each version of FWH, and it is cumulative ( has all the previous notes ) so it is easy to search. I have xbase software dating all the way back to 1982 ... lots of utilities I bought along the way ... but most of it would not apply today. So, I use very little aside from FWH / Harbour in my applications.

Tim
Tim Stone
http://www.MasterLinkSoftware.com
http://www.autoshopwriter.com
timstone@masterlinksoftware.com
Using: FWH 23.10 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022-24 32/64 bit
TimStone

Previous

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour