FWH Barcode Reader for Tablets

FWH Barcode Reader for Tablets

Postby TimStone » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:13 pm

As we look at various possibilities for FWH extensions, I would like to suggest the incorporation of a Barcode reader control that works with laptop/notebook and tablet computers. There are readers available but they do not integrate with the keyboard.

A standard barcode device will read the code, and translate it to alphanumeric text, placing it in the active field.

What we need is the ability to use a device's built in camera to scan the code and input it into our active field in our FWH applications.

Barcodes are a huge time saving capability and using them in this way allows us to make more valuable programs for our clients.

There are some bluetooth readers available but they have mixed reliability. Most tablets do not have the ability to plug in a USB dongle to work with those readers. This would be a great solution.

Anyone like this idea ?
Tim Stone
http://www.MasterLinkSoftware.com
http://www.autoshopwriter.com
timstone@masterlinksoftware.com
Using: FWH 23.10 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022-24 32/64 bit
TimStone

Re: FWH Barcode Reader for Tablets

Postby cnavarro » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:54 pm

TimStone wrote:
Anyone like this idea ?

++1
Cristobal Navarro
Hay dos tipos de personas: las que te hacen perder el tiempo y las que te hacen perder la noción del tiempo
El secreto de la felicidad no está en hacer lo que te gusta, sino en que te guste lo que haces
cnavarro

Postby Silvio.Falconi » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:09 am

++1
My problem is this :
My Tablet have no standard Twain protocol but a Intel Camera
My table is a MIIX320 mod. LTE by Lenovo and I purchase it also for my customer use autobus application
I ask to antonio this problem , only dshow can run but it not is compiled under harbour and bcc but only under visual c
I am very interested because I could read the bar code or qr of the customer's ticket automatically when the people are on bus
Since from 1991/1992 ( fw for clipper Rel. 14.4 - Momos)
I use : FiveWin for Harbour November 2023 - January 2024 - Harbour 3.2.0dev (harbour_bcc770_32_20240309) - Bcc7.70 - xMate ver. 1.15.3 - PellesC - mail: silvio[dot]falconi[at]gmail[dot]com
Silvio.Falconi

Postby Busmatic_wpb » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:02 am

Amigos .
Silvio I was behind the software to read 1D and 2D codes from the tablet and It was very complicated. I have a fairly new 2D reader in the tablet I use for my bus systems, currently most tablets come with the USB or mini usb port, which in the end helps a lot since in the market you will find miniature readers like the ones I show next..

http://www.busmaticcr.com/pnatalla03.jpg

and I'll tell you that it works like a charm. From those that you can embed in a small box and there are medium size that last up to 5 hours of battery and 50 meters of real connection with bluetoo. But good is my opinion, but I share my expectations, On the other hand, Silvio is using the contacless cards Midfare 1k.

Oscar Chacon.
Regards.
S.I.T.U.
Sistemas Inteligentes de transporte urbano
http://www.situcr.com
oscarchacon@Situcr.com
Desarrollos BA4/B4j androide
Busmatic_wpb

Postby Silvio.Falconi » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:06 am

the customer wants to use the camera that is integrated with the LENOVO MIIX 320 LTE tablet
does not want to use other external hardware - problems with the bus driver
Since from 1991/1992 ( fw for clipper Rel. 14.4 - Momos)
I use : FiveWin for Harbour November 2023 - January 2024 - Harbour 3.2.0dev (harbour_bcc770_32_20240309) - Bcc7.70 - xMate ver. 1.15.3 - PellesC - mail: silvio[dot]falconi[at]gmail[dot]com
Silvio.Falconi

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour