EasyReport developer tool

EasyReport developer tool

Postby Otto » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:39 pm

Hello,

ERD a user-friendly interface for working as close on your source code as no other report can.

Best regards,
Otto

mod harbour - Vamos a la conquista de la Web
modharbour.org
https://www.facebook.com/groups/modharbour.club
Otto

Re: EasyReport developer tool

Postby cnavarro » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:34 pm

Otto, it's great
Congratulations
Cristobal Navarro
Hay dos tipos de personas: las que te hacen perder el tiempo y las que te hacen perder la noción del tiempo
El secreto de la felicidad no está en hacer lo que te gusta, sino en que te guste lo que haces
cnavarro

Postby Silvio.Falconi » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:39 pm

ER NOT RUN well

it depend from Tcontrol class and the object are moved bad ( mouse option command drag and dots)
to run good you must create a class Master where link the object class
the myrpt initiating to make this but then it stop the build
Do not waste time with ER !!!
Since from 1991/1992 ( fw for clipper Rel. 14.4 - Momos)
I use : FiveWin for Harbour November 2023 - January 2024 - Harbour 3.2.0dev (harbour_bcc770_32_20240309) - Bcc7.70 - xMate ver. 1.15.3 - PellesC - mail: silvio[dot]falconi[at]gmail[dot]com
Silvio.Falconi

Postby cnavarro » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:48 pm

Thanks Silvio

Otto use ER every day
Cristobal Navarro
Hay dos tipos de personas: las que te hacen perder el tiempo y las que te hacen perder la noción del tiempo
El secreto de la felicidad no está en hacer lo que te gusta, sino en que te guste lo que haces
cnavarro

Postby Massimo Linossi » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:47 pm

cnavarro wrote:Thanks Silvio

Otto use ER every day

And RUN VERY, VERY WELL
Massimo Linossi

Postby TimStone » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:19 pm

Sorry, but is this available ? Where ? I would like to explore it ...
Tim Stone
http://www.MasterLinkSoftware.com
http://www.autoshopwriter.com
timstone@masterlinksoftware.com
Using: FWH 23.10 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022-24 32/64 bit
TimStone

Postby MauroArevalo » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:32 pm

Silvio:

Yo utilizo ER desde hace mas de 10 años y me ha servido
mucho y muy bien. Diria mejor, super bien...

I have been using ER for more than 10 years and it has helped me
very much and very well. I would say better, super good ...
Edgar Mauricio Arévalo Mogollón.
Bogotá DC. Colombia
FWH FTDN, xHarbour 1.2.1, Pelles C, Fivedit, Visual Studio Code, Borland 7.30, Mysql, Dbfs
http://www.hymplus.com http://www.hymlyma.com
Tratando de retomar la programación....
MauroArevalo

Postby Otto » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:44 pm

>is this available ?

Hello Tim,
what do you mean by "this". Do you mean EasyReport itself or the ADD ON I made.
I can send you the files if you are interested in the ADD ON.
Best regards,
Otto
modharbour.org
Otto

Postby TimStone » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:27 pm

Otto,

I was interested in the Easy Report so I contributed to the contribution. The original idea was that we could create a .prg to add it to our programs so end users could create custom reports of their own.

However, the project seemed to stall and that integration, from what I saw, never happened.

I would love to work with your Add On. You can email me any size/type of file to Tim at gtstone dot com.

Thank you. I'd be happy to report back on my success with it.

Tim
Tim Stone
Using: FWH 23.10 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022-24 32/64 bit
TimStone

Postby Silvio.Falconi » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:14 pm

Massimo Linossi wrote:
cnavarro wrote:Thanks Silvio

Otto use ER every day

And RUN VERY, VERY WELL

You waste your time massimo i not want talk with you
Last edited by Silvio.Falconi on Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
I use : FiveWin for Harbour November 2023 - January 2024 - Harbour 3.2.0dev (harbour_bcc770_32_20240309) - Bcc7.70 - xMate ver. 1.15.3 - PellesC - mail: silvio[dot]falconi[at]gmail[dot]com
Silvio.Falconi

Postby Silvio.Falconi » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:20 pm

Many people in Sillian have argued that ER does not work well: it has a lot of problems building print models. The people who have commented on this topic maybe were not in Sillian including Linossi and MauroArevalo, there have been so many people with whom I spoke and who said the same thing: fwh need a report designer and labels powerful and above all useful.
Last edited by Silvio.Falconi on Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silvio.Falconi

Postby TimStone » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:21 am

Silvio,

I was not fortunate enough to be at the conference. I returned from a long trip two days prior to that event, and had responsibilities to handle. I understand it was a great conference and the host most gracious.

So, I have not heard any comments about this report, but I am still 100% happy to work with it and see if it can fit my needs. If there are issues, perhaps I can help resolve them.

I appreciate when people share their work. A couple of people have provided capabilities for us that you will not find happening with other groups or companies. I am so thankful for their efforts.

At nearly 72 years on this planet, I don't always think as quickly as I might like, and sometimes I can even get confused. The people on this forum are so helpful, and I appreciate them very much.

Tim
Tim Stone
TimStone

Postby Silvio.Falconi » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:31 am

Dear Tim

I do not want to judge Otto's work, nor have I judged the work of any person in this forum

I just explained that ER was not to be bought because it does not work well.

I'm not talking about whether ER prints well or not, actually ER works well in print.

I'm talking that ER does not work at the level of building the Report page.

Now you all have stuck with ER and I did not understand why, you have clung to this rock as it was in the past with GxReport or with other 3rd software.

Who really programs every day knows the difficulties that there are for printing reports and can not waste precious time playing with programs that do not work.

I have lost a lot of time and so many times to try and make a report with ER.

Unfortunately, in Italy there are some types of reports that are as complex as invoices that are not the same as the rest of the world.

When you have to do a program in Italy the reports are many and if I have to waste a lot of time for a single model I have to hire many workers who do the rest of the program because often we in Italy have only 20/30 days to create a program and we can not lose our customers

I repeat I'm not talking about the ER printing mechanism but I'm talking about how to construct objects within ER areas.

Perhaps you have never used Autocad or visual drawing programs (with the mouse)

When I tried with ER (and have been so many times of many days) I saw that the objects inside the ER areas did not go in the right direction. the movement made with the mouse was slow and does not help the user in creating the model.

If Mr. Otto uses ER every day, it means that he is benefited by ER and above all he has a lot of time to waste: at Sillian we talked many times about this with Italian friends and there was once in the discussion there were also Spanish-speaking people speaking German and these people said they found it difficult to create models

I'm talking about people who have for years software houses: I realize that I am "the last wheel of the cart" because I do not have a software house and I do not often sell my programs and when I have to do a program I prefer to create "hand" prints with the tprinter class or with the treport class so as not to waste too much time.

With the purchase of ER I thought that all the problems were correct but unfortunately I was wrong, the difficulties in designing the objects inside the ER areas have increased instead of decreasing.

I do not want to judge Otto's work but I want to say that we have reached 2018 and fwh still do not have a powerful program to draw reports and labels in an easy and intuitive way and that can be integrated with their own applications

Dear Massimo Linossi,
please do not provoke me your actions in provoking my education are definite actions by trolls and I do not want to feed your provocations that are very far from respect and correctness

Dear MauroArevalo
, I am happy for you because you have been using Er for ten years, maybe you have a version that works or maybe you have not found the difficulties that some of us have found In Italy there are many complex printing models and they are completely different from those of your country.
Silvio.Falconi

Postby Otto » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:54 am

Hello Silvio,

what you descript is exactly our workflow.
We start new reports with Microsoft WINWORD.
We insert PRINTAREAs .
We have a Fivewin program which renames docx to zip and then extracts document.xml .

document.xml -as you know Fivewin can read perfectly xml files (please see screenshot) – is converted into VRD files.

Then we have a ready to go template for EasyReport.

Best regards,
Otto

modharbour.org
Otto

Postby TimStone » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:29 pm

Silvio,

Perhaps you misunderstand what I am saying, or your comments confuse me a bit. Let me explain.

1). ALL of my reports within my primary application have been created over the years with the tPrint class in FWH. I have laid them out by hand. My clients are all businesses, so the data is specific, and the layout functional. I only use graphics ( images ) as a watermark, and logo, on the Invoices they create. Because there are many types of data and formats being used on an invoice, hand coding has allowed for precise output.

2). ER does not come at an extra cost. Many of us were happy to contribute to the purchase of the code. Now it is available to all of us.

3). I've been doing this programming in base languages for a very long time ( 36 + years so far ). I have seen things that didn't work become strong and effective. We have a basis now with ER to build what we need and make it work beautifully, but that means people need to invest time into it. Some will work through improving code, some of us will test and provide specific feedback, and some will provide the vision for improvement of the code. That is what makes FWH such a good tool to use.

4). You seem to think that Italy is different for programmers. However, when you mention issues, they are no different than the ones we all face. You talk about having 20 or 30 days. If I introduce something, I have a matter of hours to fix anything that is problematic, not days. Even after 36 years as a developer, I still must meet the expectations of my clients every day, or I would lose them

Over the many years I have used FWH, I've encountered a need for new technologies. I have been very appreciative of the work done here by many people. In some cases, my ideas for ways to improve standard FWH controls have been implemented quickly and effectively. Other times, my hope to have something new has resulted in people taking a lot of time and making it happen. For example, when Microsoft really started massive improvements in Visual Studio, I worked with Antonio to see how we could integrate FWH with the VS IDE. Now, since Visual Studio Community is free to everyone, and the Harbour libraries exist to use it, we can actually build VS, Harbour, FWH applications that use the very latest Windows 10 features, something our competitors do not provide. This has enabled us to do things like enable the Camera interface so we can take photos on a tablet directly into our programs. There are so many examples of how the contributors to this forum have constantly improved FWH.

I share this because Easy Report is a good start, and I believe for those of us who embrace it, we can make it a super tool for FWH. I think spending time contributing to it is a good use of our resources.

Tim
Tim Stone
TimStone

Next

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour