Remote control software

Remote control software

Postby TimStone » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:12 pm

I know many of us have a need to support our clients remotely, and we use software for this purpose.

For the past few years I have used Team Viewer and it generally has worked out well but sometimes it confuses my clients, and keeping an active license can be expensive.

Prior to that I used LogMeIn happily until they discontinued support of Windows XP, and my clients refused to upgrade their OS.

Recently I discovered a new software called SPLASHTOP. ( www.splashtop.com ). It seems very simple to use ( for my clients ), connects quickly, and is less expensive. I'm now linking to that from my applications ( a menu option I call Tech Connect ). When my client clicks on that option it takes him to a site and downloads a small app, then provides him with a 9 digit number. He provides me with that number and I can enter it on my side and connect immediately.

I've found it actually uploads files to their machine quickly, supports dual monitors, and a lot more.

For those of you seeking such a solution, it's another one to explore. I have found that remote access through this type of program makes my clients extremely happy with the support I can provide, and they continue to stick with me over the years.
Tim Stone
http://www.MasterLinkSoftware.com
http://www.autoshopwriter.com
timstone@masterlinksoftware.com
Using: FWH 23.10 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022-24 32/64 bit
TimStone

Re: Remote control software

Postby cnavarro » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:19 pm

Thanks
Anydesk is very good also
Cristobal Navarro
Hay dos tipos de personas: las que te hacen perder el tiempo y las que te hacen perder la noción del tiempo
El secreto de la felicidad no está en hacer lo que te gusta, sino en que te guste lo que haces
cnavarro

Postby Rick Lipkin » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:29 pm

Anydesk +1

Rick Lipkin
Rick Lipkin

Postby Xevi » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:38 pm

IperiusRemote
https://www.iperiusremote.es/

Solución Gratuita y 100% recomendada (después de dar tumbos por TeamViewer)
No necesita instalación alguna, solo descargar el ejecutable y lanzarlo.
Pantalla completa, interactuar como una ventana más... Todo ventajas, no he encontrado pega alguna.
Un Saludo,
Xevi.

Aprendiz de la vida!!!
Xevi

Postby joseluisysturiz » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:10 pm

Xevi wrote:IperiusRemote
https://www.iperiusremote.es/

Solución Gratuita y 100% recomendada (después de dar tumbos por TeamViewer)
No necesita instalación alguna, solo descargar el ejecutable y lanzarlo.
Pantalla completa, interactuar como una ventana más... Todo ventajas, no he encontrado pega alguna.

Saludos, creo que ANYDESK es una muy buena opcion, llevo tiempo usandolo y hasta los momentos...no me ha dejado morir, saludos...gracias... :shock:
Dios no está muerto...

Gracias a mi Dios ante todo!
joseluisysturiz

Postby joseluisysturiz » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:56 pm

TimStone wrote:I know many of us have a need to support our clients remotely, and we use software for this purpose.

For the past few years I have used Team Viewer and it generally has worked out well but sometimes it confuses my clients, and keeping an active license can be expensive.

Prior to that I used LogMeIn happily until they discontinued support of Windows XP, and my clients refused to upgrade their OS.

Recently I discovered a new software called SPLASHTOP. ( http://www.splashtop.com ). It seems very simple to use ( for my clients ), connects quickly, and is less expensive. I'm now linking to that from my applications ( a menu option I call Tech Connect ). When my client clicks on that option it takes him to a site and downloads a small app, then provides him with a 9 digit number. He provides me with that number and I can enter it on my side and connect immediately.

I've found it actually uploads files to their machine quickly, supports dual monitors, and a lot more.

For those of you seeking such a solution, it's another one to explore. I have found that remote access through this type of program makes my clients extremely happy with the support I can provide, and they continue to stick with me over the years.

The SPLASHTOP is Trial Free, not Total Free, the best for me is ANYDESK, saludos... :shock:
Dios no está muerto...

Gracias a mi Dios ante todo!
joseluisysturiz

Postby TimStone » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:19 am

I do not work for free. People pay for my services.

When I ask others to provide a service to me, I expect to pay them for it. Otherwise, they would be homeless and hungry.

In life, nothing is truly free ... you just may pay for it in different ways.

When using it in my business, Splashtop is absolutely less expensive than Anydesk. It is $199/US. Anydesk is $229. Splashtop, like Teamviewer, allows you to have multiple connections at the same time ( sessions ). I use this ability a lot. To do this with Anydesk costs an additional $239. I may have as many as 4 going at once. To allow that, Anydesk would then cost $467 but no extra fee for Splashtop.

I am a professional, so I use the pro versions of these products. I haven't used Anydesk, but I simply shared what I am using and finding it to be quite good.
Tim Stone
Using: FWH 23.10 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022-24 32/64 bit
TimStone

Postby hua » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:06 am

Thanks for the tip Tim
FWH 11.08/FWH 19.12
BCC5.82/BCC7.3
xHarbour/Harbour
hua

Postby Willi Quintana » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:47 am

Yo uso ULTRAVIEWER, es cómodo y gratuito

https://ultraviewer.net/en/download.html
Willi Quintana

Postby richard-service » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:49 am

AnyDesk +1
Best Regards,

Richard

Harbour 3.2.0dev (r2402101027) => Borland C++ v7.7 32bit
MySQL v5.7 /ADS v10
Harbour 3.2.0dev (r2011030937) => Borland C++ v7.4 64bit
richard-service

Postby Marc Vanzegbroeck » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:11 am

TimStone wrote:For the past few years I have used Team Viewer and it generally has worked out well but sometimes it confuses my clients, and keeping an active license can be expensive.

Tim,

Is the license of Teamviewer changed? I bought a licence a couple of years ago ( ver 8 ), and it was for a lifetime, so no yearly cost.
That's the reason why they always ask me to upgrade to the new release :)
Regards,
Marc

FWH32+xHarbour | FWH64+Harbour | BCC | DBF | ADO+MySQL | ADO+MariaDB | ADO+SQLite
Marc Vanzegbroeck

Postby cnavarro » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:24 am

TimStone wrote:I do not work for free. People pay for my services.

When I ask others to provide a service to me, I expect to pay them for it. Otherwise, they would be homeless and hungry.

In life, nothing is truly free ... you just may pay for it in different ways.

I am a professional, so I use the pro versions of these products. I haven't used Anydesk, but I simply shared what I am using and finding it to be quite good.

Tim
Very very well. You are right
Cristobal Navarro
Hay dos tipos de personas: las que te hacen perder el tiempo y las que te hacen perder la noción del tiempo
El secreto de la felicidad no está en hacer lo que te gusta, sino en que te guste lo que haces
cnavarro

Postby TimStone » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:04 am

Mark,

Last year Team Viewer suggested an upgrade and switched me to an annual contract. The problem was people would download newer versions and I couldn't connect with my older version. So I did the upgrade and found it is an annual contract. It's also not always easy for my clients. They seem to get confused. So when I came across Splashtop, it was worth investigating. They give you a free trial period and you lock in the annual price forever.

My Team Viewer license is good through June and my Splashtop license is good until January 2020. I will decide between the two after I have some solid experience.

Tim
Tim Stone
TimStone

Postby hua » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:09 am

Tim,
We are using a licensed version of Teamviewer 11 and stick to that.
If user click on Support in our program's menu, it will call up a customized Teamviewer QuickSupport which we distributed together with our program. This way the versions will remain the same.

Not sure what would happen if user installed a newer version of Teamviewer but yet calling up the our QuickSupport program though
FWH 11.08/FWH 19.12
BCC5.82/BCC7.3
xHarbour/Harbour
hua

Postby Holo3 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:48 am

Yeah, splashtop is good. Additionally, you may also try a R-HUB remote support server for all your remote access needs. It works on all platforms viz Windows, MAC, Android, iOS etc. and works from behind the firewall, hence better security.
Holo3

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour