To James Bott - Error Using TData

Re: To James Bott - Error Using TData

Postby Silvio.Falconi » Wed May 29, 2019 4:07 pm

James, Tim
Now I remembered that many years ago I had downloaded an American software to do invoices.

The author later wanted to translate it into Italian even after my exhortations and from other Italians.

So I myself helped translate it into Italian:

translating it into Italian all procedures had to comply with Italian goverment rules

I don't know if the program works in a network but I could try

but right for you to see the difference between the American and Italian systems

For customers, it removed the customer code before it was there

But interesting to see the creation of invoices with the invoice number
already in the screen of the new insertion and not after the registration as you say and wrote

I suggest you install the English version first and then the Italian one in another folder

The author is American

Legal Department
NCH Software, Inc.
6120 Greenwood Plaza Blvd
Greenwood Village CO, 80111
USA

the software is free and can be found on this site

https://www.nchsoftware.com/invoice

there are also the snapshot ( see the invoice addnew)
Since from 1991/1992 ( fw for clipper Rel. 14.4 - Momos)
I use : FiveWin for Harbour November 2023 - January 2024 - Harbour 3.2.0dev (harbour_bcc770_32_20240309) - Bcc7.70 - xMate ver. 1.15.3 - PellesC - mail: silvio[dot]falconi[at]gmail[dot]com
Silvio.Falconi

Postby James Bott » Wed May 29, 2019 4:14 pm

Silvio,

what you wrote to me is not possible because on my application you cannot delete customers if they have invoices or procedures related to that customer number

What about all the databases? Can items and/or services be deleted? If so then that will be a problem. Any other databases that can have deleted records?
FWH 18.05/xHarbour 1.2.3/BCC7/Windows 10
James Bott

Postby Silvio.Falconi » Wed May 29, 2019 4:27 pm

in the same way, in the articles you cannot delete an article (a product) if this item code has loading and unloading movements or reversal in the inventory

in my case - the elements archive is blocked ie if you remember there are 20 elements islock = .t. they cannot be canceled

in the same way the services (services.dbf) there are 4 services with islock blocked

if islock is locked they cannot be deleted or modified

in the customer registry there was a customer named "generic customer" who could not be deleted, do U remember?

I need have Id into

Elementi.dbf
Servizi.dbf
reserva.dbf
partres.dbf( body of reserva)
clienti.dbf

on rooms.dbf and reserva there is room_Id it is the number of element for the planning ( see tPlan class of Daniel)
I use : FiveWin for Harbour November 2023 - January 2024 - Harbour 3.2.0dev (harbour_bcc770_32_20240309) - Bcc7.70 - xMate ver. 1.15.3 - PellesC - mail: silvio[dot]falconi[at]gmail[dot]com
Silvio.Falconi

Postby James Bott » Wed May 29, 2019 4:39 pm

Silvio,

Hmm. I am guessing the islock is a fieldname and only some records are blocked from deletion?

I'm not sure this is sufficient.

If ANY record is connected to any other record, then it cannot be deleted without consequences. Thus if any service is deleted and it is also on an invoice, then there is a bug. When the invoice is accessed, to view or print and the service has been deleted there will either be an error or the invoice will just not show the service that was ordered on the original. So in addition to checking islock, you need to check all other files (such as linetimes) to see if it exists in any of those files, and if so refuse deletion.
FWH 18.05/xHarbour 1.2.3/BCC7/Windows 10
James Bott

Postby Silvio.Falconi » Wed May 29, 2019 4:57 pm

James Bott wrote:Silvio,

Hmm. I am guessing the islock is a fieldname and only some records are blocked from deletion?

I'm not sure this is sufficient.

If ANY record is connected to any other record, then it cannot be deleted without consequences. Thus if any service is deleted and it is also on an invoice, then there is a bug. When the invoice is accessed, to view or print and the service has been deleted there will either be an error or the invoice will just not show the service that was ordered on the original. So in addition to checking islock, you need to check all other files (such as linetimes) to see if it exists in any of those files, and if so refuse deletion.

James,
I do not care anymore

these days I have talked to many Italian and foreign programmers also of this forum who have told me the same thing: not to use the external file and to have the number of customers with gobottom () and numcli + 1 because only in this way can one check the flow and I already told you when I saw for the first time the Auto-incremental class that couldn't work. But you insisted you wanted to force me to rewrite my application by changing the fields of the archives and getting an endless series of problems. I just had to convert my education from single user to multi user I didn't have to make a new application

today I'm rewriting my application to the old way (cawind)

because it worked well in the LAN network and I never had any problems (my library and warehouse software created with Arteaga sources works fine on the LAN NETWORK)

Many years ago I tried to use TDatabase then I realized that it could not work

this year I tried again, I thought it was all gone (we're in 2019) and then you and tim told me I would solve all problems

instead of solving problems tdata you have procured many making me waste time and making me fight with everyone

I will never use TDATA of this I am sure, I am convinced that TData inherits from TDatabase and spoils what is good in TDatabase

THANKS ANYWAY

STOP HERE FOR ME
Silvio.Falconi

Previous

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour