MS Jet Broken using MS Access and ADO

MS Jet Broken using MS Access and ADO

Postby Rick Lipkin » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:02 pm

Back in Jan of 2019 Microsoft sent out a patch which causes my 2003 MS Access .mdb programs to lock up client\server ( never local ).. it is random and seems to happen with tables with many fields .. here is the link that describes the issue:
[url]
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Fo ... progeneral
[/url]

I have my files on a shared computer and map a drive or use a unc to the executable .. With the initial roll out of 1903 all my .mdb problems have gone away .. apparently one of the last cumulative 1903 updates ( August 13, 2019—KB4512508 )

This security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:

Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Wireless Networking, Windows Cryptography, Windows Datacenter Networking, Windows Virtualization, Windows Storage and Filesystems, the Microsoft JET Database Engine, Windows Linux, Windows Kernel, Windows Server, Windows MSXML, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge.

Has re-broken the .mdb and once again .. my programs lock up ... is anyone having the same or similar problems and if so what is the solution ...

My Shared server ( simple file share ) is Windows 7 .. my workstations are Win10 1903 .. FWH1707

Any Advice would be helpful

Rick Lipkin
Rick Lipkin

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour