Facial recognition

Facial recognition

Postby Silvio.Falconi » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:02 am

Since from 1991/1992 ( fw for clipper Rel. 14.4 - Momos)
I use : FiveWin for Harbour November 2023 - January 2024 - Harbour 3.2.0dev (harbour_bcc770_32_20240309) - Bcc7.70 - xMate ver. 1.15.3 - PellesC - mail: silvio[dot]falconi[at]gmail[dot]com
Silvio.Falconi

Re: Facial recognition

Postby cnavarro » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:23 pm

With GVision API of Google

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i795dnTc-1Y&t=33s

from 1h minute: 30 minutes
Cristobal Navarro
Hay dos tipos de personas: las que te hacen perder el tiempo y las que te hacen perder la noción del tiempo
El secreto de la felicidad no está en hacer lo que te gusta, sino en que te guste lo que haces
cnavarro

Postby vilian » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:17 pm

I would like to have this in our system. Is there a sample of implementation?
Sds,
Vilian F. Arraes
vilian@vfatec.com.br
Belém-Pa-Brazil
vilian

Postby TimStone » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:29 pm

Windows 10 has built in facial recognition. If a client sets the timing to put the computer to sleep after a short interval of non-use, then whoever uses it would need to use the facial recognition to re-enter the OS ( and program ). Using it again to get into an app would not be necessary.

With that said, since Apple allows Facial Recognition to work with independently developed apps, surely Microsoft will have something similar in it's API library. Of course, most people will not have cameras on their Windows computers sufficient to perform facial recognition. Microsoft computers do have this, but not necessarily the other brands.
Tim Stone
http://www.MasterLinkSoftware.com
http://www.autoshopwriter.com
timstone@masterlinksoftware.com
Using: FWH 23.10 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022-24 32/64 bit
TimStone

Postby cnavarro » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:21 pm

As far as I have read and seen, it is that Windows Hello can be used to replace your traditional access to applications with biometric technologies: fingerprints and / or facial recognition.
What I think is necessary is to develop two applications: one that provides the data that must be validated either with the scanned fingerprint data or the data obtained by the camera for facial recognition, and a second application called server , which is what performs the validation. They recommend that obviously both applications are on different computers, but it is true that you can have both applications on the same computer.
All the examples I've seen have been developed in C # language.
Cristobal Navarro
Hay dos tipos de personas: las que te hacen perder el tiempo y las que te hacen perder la noción del tiempo
El secreto de la felicidad no está en hacer lo que te gusta, sino en que te guste lo que haces
cnavarro

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour