OT: How are we doing ?

OT: How are we doing ?

Postby TimStone » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:42 pm

I know this is off topic, but with the current pandemic, I often wonder if my fellow FW developers are doing OK. This is a natural assault on all of us worldwide. I hope everyone is safe.

In my situation, we are told to remain home ( due to my age ), but I can do that since it is also my office. My clients are still working, so I am available to meet their needs. The hard part is not being able to go visit family and friends.

I posted this here because everyone reads these ( not the case in the off topic section ). I hope others will share they are well, or if they have needs. Thanks.
Tim Stone
http://www.MasterLinkSoftware.com
http://www.autoshopwriter.com
timstone@masterlinksoftware.com
Using: FWH 23.10 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022-24 32/64 bit
TimStone

Re: OT: How are we doing ?

Postby richard-service » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:37 pm

We are currently living a normal life. Reduce the number of people entering and leaving places and unnecessary trips abroad.
Of course, you must wear a mask when you go out. Wash your hands frequently
Best Regards,

Richard

Harbour 3.2.0dev (r2402101027) => Borland C++ v7.7 32bit
MySQL v5.7 /ADS v10
Harbour 3.2.0dev (r2011030937) => Borland C++ v7.4 64bit
richard-service

Postby driessen » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:15 pm

Hello everybody,

Thanks a lot, Tim, for asking.

Here in Belgium we almost have a complete lock down since noon today. No open shops, only supermarket and shop where you can buy food and products for daily needs.
Of course you can visit your doctor, go to the pharmacy. But for the rest, everybody has to stay home. We also have to keep distance between 2 people, at least 1,5 meter.

All over the country, you can't come out with more than 2 people.
If possible you have to work from home, if not the distance between people has to be taken care for.

These rules will last at least till April, 5th.

Not easy, but really necessary if we want to win the battle against the virus.

I wish you all the best for the near future.
Regards,

Michel D.
Genk (Belgium)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
I use : FiveWin for (x)Harbour v. 24.02 - Harbour 3.2.0 (February 2024) - xHarbour Builder (January 2020) - Bcc77
driessen

Postby Antonio Linares » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:19 am

Same as Michel

+1
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby Enrico Maria Giordano » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:21 am

Here in Italy, it's the same. :-(

EMG
Enrico Maria Giordano

Postby MarcoBoschi » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:21 am

Tim,
I live in Padova near Venice.
The situation is the same as Michel.
Take a look https://www.santantonio.org/it/content/webcam-sagrato-della-basilica-del-santo

The churchyard is empty.

More than 3 million pilgrims come to this church every year.
MarcoBoschi

Postby dutch » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:38 pm

Hi All,

I'm in Thailand, we are almost lockdown (informal). We are keeping away from crowd and always wear mask almost the time outside the home.

I hope all of you will be save and pass this crisis situation together.

Take good care,
Dutch
Regards,
Dutch

FWH 19.01 / xHarbour Simplex 1.2.3 / BCC73 / Pelles C / UEStudio
FWPPC 10.02 / Harbour for PPC (FTDN)
ADS V.9 / MySql / MariaDB
R&R 12 Infinity / Crystal Report XI R2
(Thailand)
dutch

Postby TimStone » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:25 pm

Everyday we see the numbers increase world wide. It is so tragic. I am thankful, however, for the stories of good I see.

I love the pictures from Italy of people going out on their balconies in the evening to sing and greet their neighbors at a distance.

Our local community is on Facebook, and people who are younger are always reaching out to my generation ( who need to stay home as a precaution ), how they can help. We are fine, but the kindness is so nice. Also, people are asking others if they can help. Single moms have people bringing in food and supplies so they don't have to take their kids to stores. People with autoimmune problems find others very happy to help. There is so much kindness being offered.

I wish everyone a safe time through this.
Tim Stone
Using: FWH 23.10 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022-24 32/64 bit
TimStone

Postby nageswaragunupudi » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:20 am

India: 20 March

Population 1.35 Billion

Confirmed: 198, Deaths: 4, cured and discharged 40.

Most of them are those who came from other countries and only a few are those who came in direct contact with them. Governments are making all efforts to trace all those who might have come in contact with them and test every one of them.

All incoming visas are canceled. International flights are going to be canceled.

Many States closed educational institutions, theaters, entertainment places, Temples and places of worship. Large gatherings are prohibited. Wherever possible, many companies are implementing work at home.

Shops, malls, hotels and restaurants are working but with highly reduced customers.

There are no restrictions on going out, but people are voluntarily exercising restraint.

Many visitors from other countries escaped screening in the initial days. We are keeping our fingers crossed about what may happen in the next one month period. Not sure if we have the resources to handle a large outbreak like in other countries.

Our federal and state governments are doing their best and the people have full faith in them.
Regards

G. N. Rao.
Hyderabad, India
nageswaragunupudi

Postby MarcoBoschi » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:53 am

I copy and paste a very significant sentence from a research I read a week ago:

"One degree Celsius increase in temperature and one percent increase in
relative humidity lower R by 0.0383 and 0.0224, respectively. This result is consistent
with the fact that the high temperature and high humidity significantly reduce the
transmission of influenza. It indicates that the arrival of summer and rainy season in the
northern hemisphere can effectively reduce the transmission of the COVID-19."

I hope/believe that in Italy in a month average temperature will be higher and we all can return to a normal style of life
MarcoBoschi

Postby Otto » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:24 pm

Hello,
Today the government extended the exit restrictions to April 13.
I made a little test web page with mod harbor. A countdown.
24 days at home will be long. Fortunately, we are all healthy.
I wish you all the best
Otto

https://www.modharbour.club/counter/counter.prg
mod harbour - Vamos a la conquista de la Web
modharbour.org
https://www.facebook.com/groups/modharbour.club
Otto

Postby TimStone » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:34 pm

I do hope all of you are avoiding this virus. I think about you every day when I sit down at my computer.

I know many of you may not catch the illness, but will have friends and family who must endure it.

May we all emerge from this crisis and regain full strength and good health.

Tim
Tim Stone
TimStone

Postby Enrico Maria Giordano » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:41 pm

Yes, and let's hope that the world had learned something from this experience...

EMG
Enrico Maria Giordano

Postby cnavarro » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:07 pm

Thank you for your good wishes
At the moment my family and I are doing well. But no one can say that tomorrow will remain the same. Just be very careful.
My best wishes to everyone and we hope that a vaccine will be found and can be applied soon that will free us from this scourge.
Cristobal Navarro
Hay dos tipos de personas: las que te hacen perder el tiempo y las que te hacen perder la noción del tiempo
El secreto de la felicidad no está en hacer lo que te gusta, sino en que te guste lo que haces
cnavarro

Postby ADutheil » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:00 pm

I live in Brazil in the State of Bahia which is slightly bigger than France with 15.5 million inhabitant. As today the State records 156 confirmed cases of the new coronavirus, which represents 3.8% of the total cases reported in the state. So far, 1388 cases have been ruled out and one death has been confirmed. In all, 17 people are cured and 18 are hospitalized, 8 in Intensive Care Units (ICUs).
The governor of the state and the mayor of the capital have adopted containment measures since the beginning of the pandemic, closing all non-essential companies and limiting the movement of people. No more intercity and interstate buses, no more international flights and very few national flights.
The peak of the disease is expected in mid-April. As I'm over 60 years old I've been confined at home for 3 weeks.
Here the food supply remains normal but my daughter, who is taking a master's degree in Portugal, sent me pictures of the fruit and vegetable shelves and counters of chilled and frozen products in supermarkets that were completely empty.
The most difficult products to find are alcohol and masks.
At the moment there are 4256 confirmed cases and 136 deaths in Brazil.
Regards,

André Dutheil
FWH 13.04 + HB 3.2 + MSVS 10
ADutheil

Next

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour