Easyreport " the reverenge"

Easyreport " the reverenge"

Postby Silvio.Falconi » Fri May 15, 2020 4:59 pm

Dear Friends,
Apart from once again I was unable to compile ER by downloading it from GitHub, if someone has compiled it with xmate if you can send me the compilation file because I really can't compile it
Since someone is forcing me to use EasyReport I have to understand and make all of you understand the problems to better solve them

Looking at the compiled version found in the Github folder, I have questions

I'm seeing a folder with Report Setting, Items, Color and Font
I really don't understand why you created this folder in this location

Report settings
On last ER of Timm the Report Setting was on a speficif dialog

it seems to me that this dialog is more functional than the one in the main window because it is a topic that should not be used at the specific moment of designing the report model

Items
and in the same way the tree with all the objects in the old version could be called up from the buttonbar of the main window, so what is the use of keeping it in the folder you created?

Colors and Fonts
as for the colors and fonts I have to ask a question because I really don't understand the meaning
even in the old version it was in a specific dialog

https://i.postimg.cc/BbKpNV4d/fonts.png

to me a simple window with a buttonbar and with the designer seems to be more functional and nothing more
and put everything back in the original version as I showed you

for colors and fonts I really don't understand the meaning why you need to store up to 30 colors and 20 types of fonts?

the font and color may be loaded in the properties of each individual object
without memorizing it first and when I recover the object in print I am going to create the font for that object, I really don't understand the meaning why use a list of fonts and colors

for me this property needs to be changed

First Request
I assume that that folder (report settings, items, colors and fonts) has been put on a panel
we could put a button in the button bar to hide this panel
I have inserted this type of procedure in my applications and I show and hide the left panel in a simple way, this is because whoever has to draw the report has the free window

Second Request

if you really have to use this report designer at least is it possible to create a procedure in which I can have zoomed util 400% in on every area to work better?
the zoom must be as fastreport zoom so on 25% 50% 75% 100% 150% 200% page width full page

example

I think that in this way we can better draw every single area

Another question

for a billing application I created this print with the Tprinter class (by hand @ x, y)

maybe you don't realize how much data we have to enter in Italy

invoices in Italy are a bit complex sample :

if we operated with EasyReport and had problems with the graphic controls because they don't work well we will spend many days
to make a model and this is counterproductive because in Italy we have many types of reports to do
Since from 1991/1992 ( fw for clipper Rel. 14.4 - Momos)
I use : FiveWin for Harbour November 2023 - January 2024 - Harbour 3.2.0dev (harbour_bcc770_32_20240309) - Bcc7.70 - xMate ver. 1.15.3 - PellesC - mail: silvio[dot]falconi[at]gmail[dot]com
Silvio.Falconi

Re: Easyreport " the reverenge"

Postby Silvio.Falconi » Fri May 15, 2020 5:17 pm

this evening I worked on easyreport and then I lose all because made error ......as can you see here

Code: Select all  Expand view
Application
===========
   Path and name: C:\Work\Errori\EasyReport_github\EasyReport-master\ereport.exe (32 bits)
   Size: 7,846,400 bytes
   Compiler version: Harbour 3.2.0dev (r1801051438)
   FiveWin  version: FWH 18.12
   C compiler version: Borland/Embarcadero C++ 7.0 (32-bit)
   Windows version: 6.1, Build 7600

Time from start: 0 hours 0 mins 1 secs
   Error occurred at: 15.05.2020, 19:14:53
   Error description: Error BASE/1066  Argument error: conditional
   Args:
     [   1] = U  

Stack Calls
===========
   Called from: .\source\ereport.prg => CLIENTWINDOWS( 1775 )
   Called from: .\source\ereport.prg => INIMAINWINDOW( 1303 )
   Called from: .\source\ereport.prg => (b)MAIN( 239 )
   Called from: .\source\classes\WINDOW.PRG => TMDIFRAME:ACTIVATE( 1059 )
   Called from: .\source\ereport.prg => MAIN( 239 )

I cannot use ER, I lose only the time and now the report I was making I have to do it again and start all over again
I use : FiveWin for Harbour November 2023 - January 2024 - Harbour 3.2.0dev (harbour_bcc770_32_20240309) - Bcc7.70 - xMate ver. 1.15.3 - PellesC - mail: silvio[dot]falconi[at]gmail[dot]com
Silvio.Falconi

Postby Otto » Fri May 15, 2020 10:04 pm

Hello Silvio,

I'm seeing a folder with Report Setting, Items, Color and Font
I really don't understand why you created this folder in this location

With the many different screen formats, it is difficult today.
I work with 34 "screens. It fits here.

Colors and fonts
as for the colors and fonts I have to ask a question because I really don't understand the meaning
even in the old version it was in a specific dialog

It's not too bad to set fonts and colors for your reports. Then you have a consistent appearance.

Zoom is important. In my copy I can switch between 100% and 200%. Better would be levels.

You posted a very complex FastReport screenshot here.
How much time did this invoice form take?

The interface between FastReport and Fivewn is very complex and it isn't easy to send the data.
I also found that customers are overwhelmed by this designer.
That's why I went back to EasyReport.

Data handling is much easier since everything is Fivewin.

I worked much with FastReport - see for example:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25135&p=136768&hilit=fastreport#p136768

Although the FastReport designer himself is better than EasyReport, the bundle EasyReport / Fivereport is more flexible and productive for me as a programmer.
And if we fixe the little problems it will be for all of us the better solution.
Best regards,
Otto
mod harbour - Vamos a la conquista de la Web
modharbour.org
https://www.facebook.com/groups/modharbour.club
Otto

Postby Silvio.Falconi » Sat May 16, 2020 1:30 pm

>It's not too bad to set fonts and colors for your reports. Then you have a consistent appearance.

Why ER was created badly because when you go to print the control must automatically create the color and style of fonts
so you can use any font and color, so making a table of colors and fonts is useless

>Zoom is important. In my copy I can switch between 100% and 200%. Better would be levels.

I am trying to compile the version that I found on github, in this version I have not found the zoom to be performed inside the area.
If you are referring to the Preview it is not the same thing: I should use ilpreview to go and check every time if an object is in the right position, but are we kidding?

>You posted a very complex FastReport screenshot here.
>How much time did this invoice form take?

the first time half an hour then as one becomes an expert and can copy the pieces from one report to another,
it is also created in 15 minutes, obviously if the designer responds well and I can zoom in on the video when you draw the template

>The interface between FastReport and Fivewn is very complex and it isn't easy to send the data.
>I also found that customers are overwhelmed by this designer.
>That's why I went back to EasyReport.

I am using the class and the instructions of fastreport for fwh, certainly fastreport loads two or three dll so the system memory is scarce
ER or a designer created with fwh should not eat resources and the exe would therefore be lighter

>And if we fixe the little problems it will be for all of us the better solution.

there are no small ER problems but big problems, the objects must not be created by Tcontrol but must belong as subclasses of a general parent class
as I have already explained to you, you have to rewrite all or part of it
- A Treportdesigner class where a white rectangle is created with the size of the page to be printed or to create the printing area if we want to do it as easyreport,
to the Treportdesigner class this class we can add the elements (aItems)
the printing area (white rectangle) must have the possibility of zooming in on the area or zooming in on the whole area without resorting to the rpreview
- A parent class TReportItem
- inherit subclasses from ReportItem for text, Image, barcode, tbox, tline, tcircle
Silvio.Falconi

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour