Silvio: Reports

Silvio: Reports

Postby Otto » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:39 am

Hello Silvio,
how far are you with your report generator.
I'm just starting a new project where I need a lot of reports and forms.
Best regards,
Otto
mod harbour - Vamos a la conquista de la Web
modharbour.org
https://www.facebook.com/groups/modharbour.club
Otto

Re: Silvio: Reports

Postby Antonio Linares » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:43 am

Dear Otto,

Mr. Rao already integrated the EasyReport engine into FWH as you can review from fwh\samples\erep01.prg

Cristobal has converted the entire EasyReport designer into a FWH class that can be launched from the apps.
This will be provided in the next FWH build, but in the meantime you may start testing a FWH beta with this
new feature.

Next is to get feedback from all FWH users and who knows, maybe we could use it as the report engine for mod_harbour too :-)
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby MOISES » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:10 pm

Hello Antonio,

Wonderful news! I would like to please also test the beta.

Best regards
Saludos / Regards,

FWH 20.04, Harbour 3.2.0 dev (r1909261630) y BCC 7.40
MOISES

Postby cnavarro » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:33 pm

I'm finishing up a BETA version and looking at how I can submit the BETA versions, which I hope can be released for testing this weekend. Those who are interested in trying it to put a message.

Estoy terminando una versión BETA y viendo cómo poder enviar las versiones BETAs, que espero que se pueda publicar para su prueba este fin de semana. Los que estén interesados en probarlo que pongan un mensaje.
Cristobal Navarro
Hay dos tipos de personas: las que te hacen perder el tiempo y las que te hacen perder la noción del tiempo
El secreto de la felicidad no está en hacer lo que te gusta, sino en que te guste lo que haces
cnavarro

Postby Otto » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:32 pm

Dear Antonio, dear Cristobal, dear Mr. Rao.
Thank you for your work.
I am very interested.
Kind regards
Otto
mod harbour - Vamos a la conquista de la Web
modharbour.org
https://www.facebook.com/groups/modharbour.club
Otto

Postby leandro » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:19 pm

Hola buenas tardes,

Me uno al combo, para la versión beta. :D
Saludos
LEANDRO AREVALO
Bogotá (Colombia)
https://hymlyma.com
https://hymplus.com/
leandroalfonso111@gmail.com
leandroalfonso111@hotmail.com

[ Embarcadero C++ 7.60 for Win32 ] [ FiveWin 23.07 ] [ xHarbour 1.3.0 Intl. (SimpLex) (Build 20230914) ]
leandro

Postby richard-service » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:25 am

Sounds good!
I am very interested.
Best Regards,

Richard

Harbour 3.2.0dev (r2402101027) => Borland C++ v7.7 32bit
MySQL v5.7 /ADS v10
Harbour 3.2.0dev (r2011030937) => Borland C++ v7.4 64bit
richard-service

Postby Silvio.Falconi » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:28 am

Otto wrote:Hello Silvio,
how far are you with your report generator.
I'm just starting a new project where I need a lot of reports and forms.
Best regards,
Otto

Otto, I really don't understand the title of this topic
Also because he always told me and claimed that ER worked very well for you,
never a flaw, you defended ER even when we all said the same thing and now you ask me if I were working in a report generator?

Antonio Linares wrote:Dear Otto,

Mr. Rao already integrated the EasyReport engine into FWH as you can review from fwh\samples\erep01.prg

Cristobal has converted the entire EasyReport designer into a FWH class that can be launched from the apps.
This will be provided in the next FWH build, but in the meantime you may start testing a FWH beta with this
new feature.

Next is to get feedback from all FWH users and who knows, maybe we could use it as the report engine for mod_harbour too :-)

Antonio,
before I did not understand the title of this topic "Silvio reports"
Secondly, you know very well that I had fixed the c5report sources, and I was waiting for Cristobal to fix everything.
Third thing, I understand that Cristobal is inserting c5Report class (and the other graphic classes) for each section (Easyreport area), In Easyreport the zoom does not work and does not exist
using Easyreport sections was not the right thing,
It was better to recreate a new former program and maybe do it as FastReport is, that is, with the display of the whole sheet.
But is ER also capable of making labels?
I hope that Cristobal is not using Tcontrol for the control of graphic objects, because it is an unnecessary waste of time, but he is using a parent class as was done in the c5report class
Since from 1991/1992 ( fw for clipper Rel. 14.4 - Momos)
I use : FiveWin for Harbour November 2023 - January 2024 - Harbour 3.2.0dev (harbour_bcc770_32_20240309) - Bcc7.70 - xMate ver. 1.15.3 - PellesC - mail: silvio[dot]falconi[at]gmail[dot]com
Silvio.Falconi

Postby csincuir » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:11 pm

Hola buenos días.
Cristobal, estoy interesado en hacer las pruebas, por favor si me apuntas.

Gracias

Carlos.
csincuir

Postby TimStone » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:20 pm

I would also be interested in testing this. Because there is a high interest, why not just put it all in the first 2021 release with the understanding that the designer is a "Work in Progress" ? Then we could all work with it. We are due for the first 2021 FWH anyway.

Tim
Tim Stone
http://www.MasterLinkSoftware.com
http://www.autoshopwriter.com
timstone@masterlinksoftware.com
Using: FWH 23.10 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022-24 32/64 bit
TimStone

Postby Antonio Linares » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:40 pm

Tim,

Yes, you are right :-)
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby jbrita » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:01 pm

Hola buenas tardes,

Me uno tambien al combo, para la versión beta.
saludos
jbrita

Postby Silvio.Falconi » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:50 pm

TimStone wrote:I would also be interested in testing this. Because there is a high interest, why not just put it all in the first 2021 release with the understanding that the designer is a "Work in Progress" ? Then we could all work with it. We are due for the first 2021 FWH anyway.

Tim

Tim you are right.

If I had never encouraged our friend Antonio Linares to find all the sources, now our community could not have the sources of the canalfive c5report.

I have tried to recompile c5Report even succeeding, I know or at least three / four versions of the c5report and in any case I have always sent my tests performed to Antonio

In the last test I saw that C5report, which looks like MyRpt, really works only that it lacks the class to body the model, that is where we generally do the "do while" loop to list the products of an invoice and for this reason i asked the fwteam to help me.

Now I read from Antonio that Cristobal is working on ER.

I have always hated ER because I wasted so much time trying to make a print model and in Italy, unlike the others, there are often sophisticated and very detailed models with countless fields to enter.

But why have I always hated ER?

because graphically it is a disaster, objects are not moved where they should be moved and zooming is impractical, non-existent, so you can't create a model in the shortest time possible and sometimes work gets lost when the exe crashes.

It is wrong to modify ER, in my opinion, it is necessary to use the TBARRA class contained in the informes.prg file which is in the c5ide.zip file

With this class Tbarra it is possible to create the areas of the sheet to print and in this class the class c5report must be inserted which is a parent class that creates the white area and has some subclasses (line, box, circle, fields, texts, image) .

This parent class manages the movement of each object (dots) not like the tcontrol class but much better, the dots are delimited by circles that can be dragged with the mouse and the graphic figure has around a box with dotted lines that makes the movement more fluid, the the user can draw what he wants without having problems.

each graphic subclass saves the variables in ini, xlm, c5r format (a bin format)

If c5report crashes, the user does not lose his job because a backup function of the model drawn is called with a timer, which saves the work done in the backXX.ini file
In fact, the tests carried out by the undersigned recalled the latest model drawn from the backXX.ini files
Since from 1991/1992 ( fw for clipper Rel. 14.4 - Momos)
I use : FiveWin for Harbour November 2023 - January 2024 - Harbour 3.2.0dev (harbour_bcc770_32_20240309) - Bcc7.70 - xMate ver. 1.15.3 - PellesC - mail: silvio[dot]falconi[at]gmail[dot]com
Silvio.Falconi

Postby mgsoft » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:40 am

I am interered too!

Any update, please?
Saludos,

Eduardo
mgsoft

Postby cnavarro » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:35 am

mgsoft wrote:I am interered too!

Any update, please?

I have been modifying EasyReport to be able to be used as a control and to be able to insert it in any container, besides having reviewed some of its functionalities. I hope to have a trial version published in a few days. Some patience. Thank you.

He estado modificando EasyReport para poder ser utilizado como un control y poder insertarlo en cualquier contenedor, además de haber revisado algunas de sus funcionalidades. Espero poder tener ya una versión de pruebas publicada en unos días. Un poco de paciencia. Gracias.
Cristobal Navarro
Hay dos tipos de personas: las que te hacen perder el tiempo y las que te hacen perder la noción del tiempo
El secreto de la felicidad no está en hacer lo que te gusta, sino en que te guste lo que haces
cnavarro

Next

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour