Resedit is Working Today

Resedit is Working Today

Postby Rick Lipkin » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:48 pm

To All

An unbelievable thing happened today ... I turned on my laptop this morning and ( for hoots and grins ) opened up Resedit and it did NOT fail... Go Figure. I did Install Pelles C yesterday and to test .. I uninstalled Pelles C this morning after I discovered that Resedit was again working .. After I un-installed Pelles C and rebooted .. Resedit still worked.

I then ran my Windows updates again and got a few Defender updates .. nothing of any consequence and Resedit continues to work flawlessly. I also cleaned out the event log errors .. I can not figure it out .. so I guess at this point I can say .. ( for whatever reason ) the Operation was a success and the Patient LIVED .. all be it I did nothing that I could see that would make any difference.

Guess I will keep an eye on the situation and let everyone know if Resedit continues to work or just 'Pukes' once again :)

Thanks
Rick Lipkin
Rick Lipkin

Re: Resedit is Working Today

Postby Marc Venken » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:33 pm

Witch Resedit do you use ? I downloaded it and have missing files (windows.h) for starters...

This is 1.6.6. 64 bit

I had tried Pelles, but it needed the RES files to update. I had it working, but at the moment i forgot how I did it ))) Maybe Resedit is more suittable .
Marc Venken
Using: FWH 23.04 with Harbour
Marc Venken

Postby jvtecheto » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:55 pm

Hello friends.

What has happened now with resedit is logical for 6 years that it has not been update. So the logical thing would be to use pelles C. If you use. Res pelles C is very good but in . Rc what I have to check how to convert a file. Rc from resedit to pelles C. Aside from Dialog to dialogex. Manifest....
There are other things, like more parameters in the font etc. Static - 1 are not recognized.

I'm on it.

Regards

Jose

Enviado desde mi POCOPHONE F1 mediante Tapatalk
Fwh 19.06 32 bits + Harbour 3.2dev(r2104281802) + Borland 7.4 + FivEdit
jvtecheto

Postby Antonio Linares » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:00 pm

resedit 64 bits working fine here too :-D
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby Rick Lipkin » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:36 pm

Antonio

You know .. when an IT professional doesn't know why something quits working or just randomly starts working .. I generally say "It is just a disturbance in the Force" :)

Go Figure .. however, I would like to know why Resedit was not working yesterday and by some "act of God" Resedit is working today ???

Thanks for the info, glad you could verify my experience.

Rick Lipkin
Rick Lipkin

Postby Marc Venken » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:54 pm

Rick Lipkin wrote:Antonio

You know .. when an IT professional doesn't know why something quits working or just randomly starts working .. I generally say "It is just a disturbance in the Force" :)

Go Figure .. however, I would like to know why Resedit was not working yesterday and by some "act of God" Resedit is working today ???

Thanks for the info, glad you could verify my experience.

Rick Lipkin

Maybe here is a answer for the disturbance ? A update on 19/07 you may have done with the update. (Maybe it has nothing to do with youre issue at all, but it refers to resedit.. Sorry than )

https://wikidll.com/microsoft-corporation/resedit-dll
Marc Venken
Using: FWH 23.04 with Harbour
Marc Venken

Postby ADutheil » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:45 pm

I've been using resedit for years, 1.6.6-64 at the moment and never had any trouble.

Marc Venken wrote:Witch Resedit do you use ? I downloaded it and have missing files (windows.h) for starters...

This is 1.6.6. 64 bit

I had tried Pelles, but it needed the RES files to update. I had it working, but at the moment i forgot how I did it ))) Maybe Resedit is more suittable .

About missing windows.h you have to set the include paths under Options + Preferences + General. I use MSVC and have set 2 paths C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1A\Include\ and D:\fwh\include

I think resedit project is dead BTW. The website is down.
Regards,

André Dutheil
FWH 13.04 + HB 3.2 + MSVS 10
ADutheil

Postby Antonio Linares » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:13 am

I would say that it was a one day bug with the MS crypto system (that connects to MS) but MS reacted soon and fixed it :-)

and it has been great to open our minds to consider new tools to use

Feel the force, all around, inside and outside... ;-)
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour