Fivewin CDO.Message Gmail App Password

Fivewin CDO.Message Gmail App Password

Postby byron.hopp » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:48 am

I have many applications running at many customers. If my error system triggers it automatically sends an email with the error log to my email. This worked great for many years. Then a couple of years ago Goggle (with their infinite wisdom) decided to not allow this, so they created 'App Passwords'. I setup app passwords for all my installations and everything was fine. Within the last couple of weeks this is stopping, and even if I generate new app passwords I can't get it to work. Does anybody know how to get around this problem, Google says I need to update my app, is Fivewin out of date? .Or are you guys using a different way of sending emails that does not require App Passwords. I am using the Collaboration Data Objects, one of the many objects Microsoft has given up on and no longer support. Thanks,
Thanks,
Byron Hopp
Matrix Computer Services
byron.hopp

Re: Fivewin CDO.Message Gmail App Password

Postby Antonio Linares » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:32 am

Dear Byron,

Searching in google by cdo.message gmail

To help keep your account secure, starting May 30, 2022, ​​Google will no longer support the use of third-party apps or devices which ask you to sign in to your Google Account using only your username and password
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Re: Fivewin CDO.Message Gmail App Password

Postby Jimmy » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:19 pm

hi,
byron.hopp wrote:I setup app passwords for all my installations and everything was fine.

Within the last couple of weeks this is stopping, and even if I generate new app passwords I can't get it to work.

it have IHMO nothing to do with "new Password" as Byron does have generate "new Password"

IHMO it have to do that Gmail & Co "identify" that
a.) "Sender" use same Account but have different "Message-ID:"
b.) "Sender" have same "Message-ID:" but send from different Location (IP) in "same Time Slice"

ad a.) CDO seems to include "Message-ID:", CURL does not
but different User which use same Account have different Email Adresse ... and different "Message-ID:" ...
"stop SPAM"

ad b.) if you send a Email from e.g. Hamburg and 1 Hour later from New York it is not possible for a real Person
if than same Account are used from Tokio than Google will react ...
"stop SPAM"

---

Solution :

a.) change Email Provider who did not check "Message-ID:" (yet)
b.) every Customer get "own" Email Account

or buy a Business Account with 100 Email Account

so we have to over-think how to send Errorlog
greeting,
Jimmy
Jimmy

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour