Fighting Xbrowse and lozing !!!

Re: Fighting Xbrowse and lozing !!!

Postby Marc Venken » Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:21 pm

Thank you Mr. Rao,

I tested and noticed folowing :

I best make a tumbnail folder with all my images in the smallest size possible (with xnvieuw convert)
This will speed up reading and browsing for sure.

You use

:lVThumbTrack := .t.

Looked into the class, but for me not clear what it will do

I need to change my loop for reading images.

BUT...
I do see that moving to left and right with the cursor, the function is also called 12 times. That supprices me since I could think that moving left and right would only trigger a function after a oBrw:bChange is called.
now the bStrImage inside the xbrowse is called also every movement of cursor. There will be a reason for this..... but maybe we can consider a logical Var that toggles this beheavior ?

For this specific browse, maybe I can trap the cursor key value and process it to only do a goleft... goright with no processing ? Just thinking, but not able to do it.
Marc Venken
Using: FWH 23.04 with Harbour
Marc Venken

Postby nageswaragunupudi » Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:23 pm

Happy New Year

I will answer all your points.
Meanwhile can you please give me an idea of average size of your image files?
Regards

G. N. Rao.
Hyderabad, India
nageswaragunupudi

Postby Marc Venken » Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:36 pm

Thanks... and happy new year to you also.

Pictures Average : 192.000 k

But there is no need that I have large pics for browsing. Therefore it will be easy to convert to very small with xnview to a point that is ok for the browse and browse from that folder.
If the browse is 150 x 150 and 72 dpi, the files will reduces drastic. For uploading the selections, I have the pic names and will copy from the original folder. Works without problems.

This folder will be placed on a shared folder over the network (peer to peer) , and there the problem will rize more than now on my laptop with the folder on the laptop, but it is therefore that I put a
radiobutton on the browse to show or now show the pics at all in the browse. (lCheck)

I have to say that the Picture browse will be used when new items will be uploaded to the webshop and the pictures can be arranged in position before doing that. This I can do normaly. Afther that, most browses will be
text data and there is not that much issue.
Marc Venken
Using: FWH 23.04 with Harbour
Marc Venken

Postby nageswaragunupudi » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:51 pm

If the average file size is 192 KB and accessing over network, it does make sense to create thumbnails.
I am also testing with different file sizes.

Once we create thumbnails, I am sure the performance will be very good. Because our program reads an image only once from the disk and any subsequent painting is only from the memory (no disk access again), the screen refreshes will be very fast.

Btw, I just created and added a new function FW_SaveThumbnail( cImageFile, cThumbFile, nWidth, [nHeight] ) --> lSucess.
Regards

G. N. Rao.
Hyderabad, India
nageswaragunupudi

Previous

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour