Booking xbrowse example

Re: Booking xbrowse example

Postby Otto » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:36 am

Silvio,
I understand you. It's a lot of work at first. But one will not be able to avoid it.

Are you allowed to install desktop software in offices or hotels or on PCs of school administrations? Here, system administrators usually forbid it.

I programmed my FIVEWIN room plan under DOS and in 1995 as a Windows application when Windows 95 came out (promoted with the Rolling Stones song Start me up). Back then everything was hardcoded, as I had no idea about OOP. Since everything worked well and it is the most sensitive part of the software, I have not changed much over time. Therefore, I can't help here with xbrowse.

I wish you all the best for 2024.

Best regards,
Otto
mod harbour - Vamos a la conquista de la Web
modharbour.org
https://www.facebook.com/groups/modharbour.club
Otto

Re: Booking xbrowse example

Postby Silvio.Falconi » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:52 pm

Otto wrote:Silvio,
I understand you. It's a lot of work at first. But one will not be able to avoid it.

Are you allowed to install desktop software in offices or hotels or on PCs of school administrations? Here, system administrators usually forbid it.

I programmed my FIVEWIN room plan under DOS and in 1995 as a Windows application when Windows 95 came out (promoted with the Rolling Stones song Start me up). Back then everything was hardcoded, as I had no idea about OOP. Since everything worked well and it is the most sensitive part of the software, I have not changed much over time. Therefore, I can't help here with xbrowse.

I wish you all the best for 2024.

Best regards,
Otto

apart from the fact that in my school I manage part of the LAN network and am responsible,

in my school the offices use particular programs of the ministry of education and are software on the web, but in recent periods it has been possible to notice that the employees of the offices lose many hours due to the slowness of the Internet connection or many days the Internet connection is unusable and there is serious thought of moving the work back to desktop-type management software on Windows,

in the hotels and shops at least in my city they do not use software on the web but all local software on Windows and mostly there are two softwares that are the most popular, one of these is the Danea invoicing system, in hotels software from other companies both in my city and national software are installed but not on the web., probably for the same reason as above.

happy new year to you too
Since from 1991/1992 ( fw for clipper Rel. 14.4 - Momos)
I use : FiveWin for Harbour November 2023 - January 2024 - Harbour 3.2.0dev (harbour_bcc770_32_20240309) - Bcc7.70 - xMate ver. 1.15.3 - PellesC - mail: silvio[dot]falconi[at]gmail[dot]com
Silvio.Falconi

Previous

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour