Interesting issue

Interesting issue

Postby TimStone » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:22 pm

This is another strange problem some of my clients have encountered, but I cannot duplicate their issue on any of my computers. It is a more recent issue.

I use a spell checker library that has been around for many years, and is sold to developers for inclusion in their programs. I recent had to purchase an update to get both 32 bit and 64 bit libraries. Essentially we initiallize the proper .dll, and make the API calls.

In this case, I take a database field, pass it to the spell check routine, it works to correct any errors ( on it's popup dialog ), and then the value is passed back. I use database objects, so I update the value, save the record to disk, and refresh the display.

On my computers it works fine. On many of my clients' systems it works as expected. However, on some, when the value is passed back from the spell checker, the result is not saved, and the display does not refresh with the corrections.

I am using the latest FWH release, with Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022, and the latest Harbour version for MSVC.

Here is the get ( using a dialog in a .rc file )

Code: Select all  Expand view
    REDEFINE GET oSpcv2 VAR  oServiceUnitsr:vehmpd MEMO ID 2215 OF oFldCSE:aDialogs[ 2 ] MESSAGE "These are notes on the vehicle" UPDATE

And this is the button that activates the spell checker:

DEFINE BUTTON oBtn114 OF oBarVE RESOURCE "SPELL" PROMPT "Spell" TOOLTIP "Spell Check notes"  ;
        ACTION ( oServiceUnitsr:vehmpd := SpellOne( oServiceUnitsr:vehmpd ), oServiceUnitsr:save(),;
        oSpcv2:refresh(), oFldCSE:aDialogs[2]:update() )

It is frustrating because of course it all works perfectly on my computers so I can't replicate a problem ...

I'd appreciate any thoughts on where I should look to try and isolate this problem. Your input is appreciated.
Tim Stone
http://www.MasterLinkSoftware.com
http://www.autoshopwriter.com
timstone@masterlinksoftware.com
Using: FWH 23.10 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022-24 32/64 bit
TimStone

Re: Interesting issue

Postby Antonio Linares » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:41 am

Dear Tim,

This could help, please try it:
   DEFINE BUTTON oBtn114 OF oBarVE RESOURCE "SPELL" PROMPT "Spell" TOOLTIP "Spell Check notes"  ;
        ACTION ( oServiceUnitsr:vehmpd := SpellOne( oServiceUnitsr:vehmpd ), oServiceUnitsr:save(),;
        SysRefresh(), oSpcv2:refresh(), oFldCSE:aDialogs[2]:update() )
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour