LISDIR()

LISDIR()

Postby Boris » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:06 pm

Thank you both for your answers.
I will implement both suggestions in a test EXE and will run it as the test on Monday on client's machine.

The questions is how comes that Windows 2000 makes me trouble only. The sam app runs on dozens of machines around the USA and no problem occured for years. Now this particular machine makes me trouble.

Is this possible cuase of the problem is that this machine runs Service pack 3 ?

Also, maybe it might help if I say that the program in question is part of a web site application which runs on this server. The EXE has to determine some folders and to decide which DBF to use. Because of failing to do this, the app cannot continue

@James
- Off topic Starts
Hey old frien, hope everything's ok there? :)
- Off topic Ends
Boris

Postby James Bott » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:43 pm

Boris,

>Is this possible cuase of the problem is that this machine runs Service pack 3 ?

It could be. Maybe someone who has Win 2000 SP3 could test this for Boris?

>Hey old friend, hope everything's ok there?

Recently we had terrible wild-fires here in San Diego. They burned hundreds of thousands of acres and thousands of homes. Over a half million people had to evacuate.

One file came within a mile of our house and we have friends that lost their business to the fire.

It is times like this that make us realise how lucky we are.

Regards,
James
James Bott

Postby Boris » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:31 pm

@James
I tried on Windows 2000, Service pack 4 and have no problem... Unfortunately, I don't have an access to any machine with Service pack 3, except the one which makes me trouble :(

BTW: glad to hear you were lucku, regarding that fires. I followed all this on CNN for days...
Boris

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour