LoadBitmap() & xBuilder

LoadBitmap() & xBuilder

Postby Rimantas » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:50 am

Hello !

I'm trying xBuilder and found one problem . I'm using Hernan's browse and in some browses I'm using bitmaps from resources . This function allways return 0 and I can't to see bitmaps in columns . Also I tried with bitmaps from disk and ReadBitmap() function - this works OK . Maybe you know where can be problem of LoadBitmap() function ? Can this be problem of xBuilder resource compiler ?

With best regards ! Rimantas .
Rimantas U.
Rimantas

Postby Antonio Linares » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:35 am

Rimantas,

Have you tried the same code with Borland ?

Also, once the EXE is built, open it with the resources workshop and check that the bitmaps are there.
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby Rimantas » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:24 pm

Antonio Linares wrote:Rimantas,

Also, once the EXE is built, open it with the resources workshop and check that the bitmaps are there.

I alreday wrote that with Borland that works fine , so I can't understand this "check with RW that the bitmaps are there" :-)) . It works fine with Borland , and bitmaps exist in my recourse file . I also reviewed that and with PellesC recourse manager . It has only one difference from Borlands - can't understand the main icon with zero in the front : 0MyMainIcon . I did the changes , delete zero from the main icon ( then disseapers icons from mdichilds , but that isn't important ) , it can be viewed in Borlands, PellesC recourses managers .

Regards ! Rimantas .
Rimantas U.
Rimantas

Postby Rimantas » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:27 pm

Rimantas wrote:

I alreday wrote that with Borland that works fine , so I can't understand this "check with RW that the bitmaps are there" :-))

Excuse , I didn't wrote that in earlier , that with Borlands works fine . I want to correct this :-) .

Regards ! Rimantas .
Rimantas U.
Rimantas

Postby Antonio Linares » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:33 pm

Rimantas,

You may use FindResource() function to check that the resource is available and accesible at runtime.
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby Rimantas » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:54 pm

You may use FindResource() function to check that the resource is available and accesible at runtime.

Thank Antonio , for advice ! I reviewed this function and have one question : FindResource( hResources, cResName, nResType ) . What to include into hResources ? 0 ?

Regards ! Rimantas .
Rimantas U.
Rimantas

Postby Enrico Maria Giordano » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:55 pm

GetResources()

EMG
Enrico Maria Giordano

Postby Rimantas » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:03 pm

EnricoMaria wrote:GetResources()

EMG

Thanks , Enrico ! I tried the advice of Antonio , sorry , the results are bads - FindResource() return 0 .. :-(( . But ... PROBLEM SOLVED !!! :-)) Advice : DO NOT USE in resources files names with BEGINNING "R_" - R_MyBitmap1 . It come to my brains this idea , that it can be problem of names . I used 5 so named bitmaps and only they wasn't not visibles . So after renaming it all is working OK !

Anyway , thanks for help ! With best regards ! Rimantas .
Rimantas

Postby Enrico Maria Giordano » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:12 pm

Good to know.

EMG
Enrico Maria Giordano

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour