TSBROWSE Class OF MANUEL MERCADO

Postby Roger Seiler » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:01 pm

I use a set of the Tcbrowse, Tccolumn and Twbrowse classes developed by Luis Krause Mantilla that is more current than the versions upon which Manuel based his development of TSbrowse. As an example of the evolution of the version of TCbrowse I'm using over the standard one distributed with FWH, my TCbrowse.prg is 183,236 bytes as compared with the standard versions 48,374 bytes. And what a difference is in those extra 134,862 bytes!

Another reason I chose to stick with Luis' latest Tcbrowse, etc. version rather than switching to Tsbrowse was because I had made a lot of mods to it to enhance its handling of memo fields, field-by-field data encryption, the browsing of arrays to simulate sql's processing of groups of records at a time, use of splitter for synchronized display of browse and edit folders, and automatic generic display (via splitter) of browse and record edit. I didn't want to have to redo all my TCbrowse mods in Tsbrowse. Too lazy I guess. I suppose I should have used subclassing to do this, which would have made the switchover easier. Que sera.

One important feature I haven't seen mentioned here is the ability to double click on a column header to change the index in use, thereby instantly reordering the browse. Can you do that in Tsbrowse and XBrowse?

Why don't we make the continuing development of Tsbrowse a formal FWH open-source project combining the best of everything, continually available and continually updated?

- Roger
Roger Seiler

Postby nageswaragunupudi » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:07 pm

The convention with xBrowse is to assign column sorting to Left Click on Header. Anyway we have great flexibility with xbrowse
Regards

G. N. Rao.
Hyderabad, India
nageswaragunupudi

Postby George » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:45 pm

The impressive thing is that after 5 years of having stopped the tsbrowse development (16 bits clipper + fw), still it competes favorably with the current browses designed for 32 bits ([x]Harbour + FWH).

Manuel Mercado is working in the new Tsbrowse 8.0 for [x]Harbour.

George
George

Postby Manuel Valdenebro » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:40 pm

Roger Seiler wrote:Why don't we make the continuing development of Tsbrowse a formal FWH open-source project combining the best of everything, continually available and continually updated?

I am agree with you.
Un saludo

Manuel
Manuel Valdenebro

TSBrowse

Postby TimStone » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:22 pm

I suggested that about two months ago when I started using TSBrowse. James Bott has fixed some issues in an older version and several people have indicated they modified it to correct problems they found, but the work was never pooled together.

TSBrowse is a very easy one to use and it is very powerful. I have changed all of my lists to use it. I do have a couple of lingering problems with the version I have. Most importantly is focus. Here are two things that would be nice:

1) Sometimes when saving a record after editing, I find the first record overwrites the header until I scroll the browse, and then all falls into place.

2) When appending a record to a database, I have to manually reset the browse to match the database.

3) When adding a record, the new record appears at the top of the browse putting all previous content above it ( hidden ). It would be nice if an append would still keep at least some of the preceeding items in the listbox.

I am using this in a way that is apparently different from others. I have the browse in the lower half of the dialog, and all the edit fields in the upper half. My clients do not like popups. Thus, when I scroll the browse, the edit boxes refresh with the data from the highlighted record and the client can edit and save as desired.

Tim
Tim Stone
http://www.MasterLinkSoftware.com
http://www.autoshopwriter.com
timstone@masterlinksoftware.com
Using: FWH 23.10 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022-24 32/64 bit
TimStone

Postby James Bott » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:51 am

Tim,

>I suggested that about two months ago when I started using TSBrowse. James Bott has fixed some issues in an older version and several people have indicated they modified it to correct problems they found, but the work was never pooled together.

I think I added most of the changes that I have heard about except for a few that I thought were not generic enough for common use.

>1) Sometimes when saving a record after editing, I find the first record >overwrites the header until I scroll the browse, and then all falls into >place.

I have never seen this. Is it repeatable? If so, can you send me a small example?

>2) When appending a record to a database, I have to manually reset >the browse to match the database.

What do you mean by "manually reset?" bLogicLen should be updated automatically. Perhaps this is an ADS issue? I remember something about having to use something other than OrdKeyCount() for bLogicLen with ADS.

>3) When adding a record, the new record appears at the top of the >browse putting all previous content above it ( hidden ). It would be nice >if an append would still keep at least some of the preceeding items in >the listbox.

Some may like it this way. If you don't, just do a oBrw:skip(-5) or whatever after the append. If you want the appended record to show as the last record in the display try oBrw:skip( - oBrw:nRowCount() ).

Regards,
James
James Bott

Postby Ollie » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:36 pm

Please confirm is TSBROWSE() 32bit?

Where can I find it?

xHarbour
BCC55
Many thanks
Ollie.

Using:
xHarbour Compiler build 1.2.1 (SimpLex) (Rev. 6406)
Borland C++ 5.5.1
FWH 9.04 (2009 Apr)
Ollie

Postby mmercado » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:35 pm

Ollie wrote:Please confirm is TSBROWSE() 32bit?
Yes, it is

Ollie wrote:Where can I find it?
www.respuestasintegradas.blogspot.com

Regards

Manuel Mercado
mmercado

Postby Ollie » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:48 am

I am trying to build the LIB.

1. I changed Lang="ENG" in SBROWSEH.RMK
2. I changed my paths to:
FW ="C:\FWH"
HB ="C:\xHarbour"
BC ="C:\Bcc55"
3. I run RMAKE sbrowseh

I get an error:
RMAKE 1.4 Copyright (c) 1989-1995 Computer Associates International, Inc.
Error RMAKE/R2001 Exit 12: 'C:\xHarbour\bin\harbour ..\SOURCE\CLASSES\LANG\SBMSGENG.PRG /n /D__OLE__ /i..\include;C:\FWH\include;C:\xHarbour\include'

Is this maybe the wrong RMAKE.EXE ? If so, where do I find the right one?
Many thanks
Ollie.

Using:
xHarbour Compiler build 1.2.1 (SimpLex) (Rev. 6406)
Borland C++ 5.5.1
FWH 9.04 (2009 Apr)
Ollie

Postby mmercado » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:55 pm

Ollie wrote:I am trying to build the LIB.
1. I changed Lang="ENG" in SBROWSEH.RMK
For xHarbour use SBROWSEX.RMK
Ollie wrote:3. I run RMAKE sbrowseh
Should be RMAKE SBROWSEX

Regards

Manuel Mercado
mmercado

Previous

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour