EasyReport progress

EasyReport progress

Postby rhlawek » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:08 am

Forgive my english intrusion on the spanish forum, but this is where all the action is.

First, I want to thank everybody who picked up and have been working steadily improving this code.

I had started a similar consolidation task, but I watched the changes being checked in and realized others were on the same task, just approaching it in a different fashion. I stopped with my changes and just started merging the changes being pushed to bitbucket. Mastintin, you are a machine ;-)

I have some very specific goals in terms of data management and storage, I'll share that work as a new class when I make some headway.

I am also interested in getting the multi-language support out of a DBF file into the code itself, where I intend to move it to the architecture Antonio put in FWH. If nobody else is working on this I'd like to take on this task. I can handle the mechanics of making the changes, but I'll need help confirming that the translations are actually correct.

I don't use MS make files, I currently am very production using hbmk2 and *.hb* files, so I have some things to share for building the code with hbmk2 if there is interest. I am able to build both 32 and 64 bit apps with msvc, no issues other than bugs in 32 bit, but I am unable to get the 64 bit build to launch without a .gpf. This isn't a general statement of 64 bit MSVC apps, most are working perfectly. I'll figure out the easyreport crash, just haven't had time or the immediate need. I've tried to build with BCC but I get an error of a mismatched #endif in one of the borland header files and it isn't at all obvious why the error is happening.

One of the changes I have in my fork is within the .rc files. The original RC files provide uses backslashes in the resource paths, e.g. ".\bitmaps\properties1.bmp" which fail on my machine. I've converted all of those to forward slashes e.g. "./bitmaps/properties1.bmp" which works fine with MS and eliminates the need to escape resource paths where things like \t need to be escaped. Because I can't get BCC to function I am unable to test. Does anybody know if the forward slash syntax works with the borland resource compiler?

Finally, I use recent versions of harbour for my builds, 3.2 for production and continual testing with 3.4, all with FWH 14.08. I am finding I have to make code changes to eliminate duplicate symbols, functions exist in 14.08 that were not present in older versions of FWH that have been added to the EasyReport code. As I identify those I am wrapping them in a #ifndef _FWH_1408 statement. Is there a better way to handle this?

There is a similar issue when using harbour 3.4 and even newest versions of 3.2, in the past functions were added to the FWH libraries that are now present in harbour. If they are in .prg code I just comment that out of the FWH .prg code and recompile. If I can't handle it that way I comment out the function in my local harbour forks, which I would rather not do but it works. Is there a more graceful way to handle these conflicts?

Hopefully my questions make sense and I would like to get moving on language support. Thank you all again for the hard work already put into this, I already have users waiting to get it from me.

Best regards,

Robb Hlawek
rhlawek

Re: EasyReport progress

Postby Antonio Linares » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:09 am

Robb,

> Does anybody know if the forward slash syntax works with the borland resource compiler?

yes :-)
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby Antonio Linares » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:11 am

Robb,

I am also interested in getting the multi-language support out of a DBF file into the code itself, where I intend to move it to the architecture Antonio put in FWH. If nobody else is working on this I'd like to take on this task

that would be great :-)
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby mastintin » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:26 am

Primero perdón por escribir en Español , pero mi Ingles es muy malo .... Sorry .
Espero que google traslator solucione el problema :D

rhlawek wrote:
One of the changes I have in my fork is within the .rc files. The original RC files provide uses backslashes in the resource paths, e.g. ".\bitmaps\properties1.bmp" which fail on my machine. I've converted all of those to forward slashes e.g. "./bitmaps/properties1.bmp" which works fine with MS and eliminates the need to escape resource paths where things like \t need to be escaped. Because I can't get BCC to function I am unable to test. Does anybody know if the forward slash syntax works with the borland resource compiler?

Ya esta cambiado el archivo vrd.rc en el repositorio pues también tenia los mismos problemas ( resedit no encuentra los bmps ) ...

rhlawek wrote:
I am also interested in getting the multi-language support out of a DBF file into the code itself, where I intend to move it to the architecture Antonio put in FWH. If nobody else is working on this I'd like to take on this task. I can handle the mechanics of making the changes, but I'll need help confirming that the translations are actually correct.

Yo pensé lo mismo cuando lo vi , pero luego al ir viendo el código de gestión descubrí una característica en el programa que me gusto mucho , Si al programar usamos una nueva palabra que no existe en la dbf esta se añade y luego desde el mismo programa podemos ir colocando las distintas traducciones de la nueva palabra . Es un sistema brillante , quizás usar una dbf no sea lo mas elegante pero los sistemas datadriven funcionan en clipper desde los tiempos de summer 87 .
Lo correcto seria adoptar la solución de FWH pero si pudieras idear alguna forma de mezclar lo bueno de los 2 sistemas seria estupendo y seria una mejora también para FWH .
-------------- edito -------------------
Revisada la implementación de fwh veo que realmente ya esta implementado el sistema de añadir lenguaje ...... impresionante :D .
-----------fin editado ----------

Bienvenido ... :D

Antonio la parte del mensaje de directivas no la entiendo muy bien pues la traducción de google es pésima .... ¿ puedes por favor traducirla ?

Por cierto estos próximos días (3-4 días ) estaré fuera trabajando así que no subiré código
mastintin

Postby mastintin » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:52 pm

He subido unos archivos para ayudar a la implementación del sistema de lenguaje de fwh en EReport .
Uno es fwstrings.ini aqui están todos los mensajes que se encuentran en la dbf languages.dbf pasados a la estructura que entiende el sistema de fivewin .
El otro es strings.prg es el archivo de fivewin de gestión de lenguajes con algunos pequeños cambios y un par de bugs corregidos ( faltaba una definición en un idioma y lanzaba un error ) .
También he metido código , aún sin limpiar para que funcione sin necesidad de la dbf ....
Ya no meteré mas cambios en estos 3-4 días :D perdonar las molestias
mastintin

Postby cnavarro » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:02 pm

Manuel, llevas diciendo que no vas a meter codigo desde hace 3 o 4 dias :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Está quedando de p,..m...
Cristobal Navarro
Hay dos tipos de personas: las que te hacen perder el tiempo y las que te hacen perder la noción del tiempo
El secreto de la felicidad no está en hacer lo que te gusta, sino en que te guste lo que haces
cnavarro

Return to EasyReport, EasyDialog y EasyPreview