Imágenes en una DBF

Re: Imágenes en una DBF

Postby Rick Lipkin » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:14 pm

To All

Just my 2 cents ... I have found that corporate ( most users ) tend to import huge files into databases .. like ( lets say ) 1gb ++ .. .Dbf can get out of hand real fast if you allow that to happen .. that is why I prefer Sql Server using the fieldtype VarBinaryMax ( much more stable and robust )

People just do not realize the difference between a Data management system and a fileting cabinet.

Rick Lipkin
Rick Lipkin

Postby AIDA » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:16 pm

ya las imágenes cargadas en una dbf :mrgreen:

Saluditos :wink:
Que es mejor que programar? creo que nada :)
Atropellada pero aqui ando :P

I love Fivewin

séʌǝɹ ןɐ ɐʇsǝ opunɯ ǝʇsǝ
AIDA

Postby Mulyadi » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:23 am

Rick said:
To All

Just my 2 cents ... I have found that corporate ( most users ) tend to import huge files into databases .. like ( lets say ) 1gb ++ .. .Dbf can get out of hand real fast if you allow that to happen .. that is why I prefer Sql Server using the fieldtype VarBinaryMax ( much more stable and robust )

People just do not realize the difference between a Data management system and a fileting cabinet.

1+++++

I have been using the Oracle database for a long time.

I don't want to be bothered with Index, Reindex, Backup, and other problems.
and also the quality of hardware on database performance.

that oracle is paid, yes, there will be no convenience that can be obtained for free.

Regards
Mulyadi
Mulyadi

Postby nageswaragunupudi » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:49 am

DBF has file size limitation of 2 GB.
ADS removed this limitation even for DBFs.
Our colleagues who are using DBFs for this purpose are aware of these limitations and their volumes are within 2 GB.
When we program for Corporate clients, we will naturally be using some RDBMS like MySql, MSSql, Oracle, etc.
Well, personally I am of the opinion that Oracle is still the best. I still remember the days when MySql was not in existence and Corporates were reluctant to trust Microsoft's Sql Server. From those days, till today, Oracle remains the best.
Regards

G. N. Rao.
Hyderabad, India
nageswaragunupudi

Postby Mulyadi » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:24 am

That's right Mr Rao, with RDBMS especially Oracle we are no longer busy with a process in the program, just manage entries and issue a display form on the screen or report only while for other processes we can create advanced process flows which are directly handled by the database server.

for example, for a complex process, we just need to enter a data in a certain table and then a process can be formed through a trigger that will run other commands.

or we can also create a reconstruction of a complex application, for example, in the event of a failure or accident that is not desired, the application will recover automatically.

the way I write all the table structures, triggers, functions, and procedures into a table with data types clob and blob.
well, for these two types of data there are no more restrictions, we can enter all kinds of files.

from all of this, there remains a problem of time efficiency which is needed when we update the main program only.
is there a way this can be made automatic.?

it can be done by entering the EXE file into the table, but we still need our intervention to manage it.
It is very good if we update the program, the program on the client's computer can be updated automatically.

Mr Rao, can templete mode be adopted into FWH.?

Regards
Mulyadi
Mulyadi

Postby hmpaquito » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:58 am

nageswaragunupudi wrote:DBF has file size limitation of 2 GB.
Our colleagues who are using DBFs for this purpose are aware of these limitations and their volumes are within 2 GB.
When we program for Corporate clients, we will naturally be using some RDBMS like MySql, MSSql, Oracle, etc.
Well, personally I am of the opinion that Oracle is still the best. I still remember the days when MySql was not in existence and Corporates were reluctant to trust Microsoft's Sql Server. From those days, till today, Oracle remains the best.

Harbour File Size Limits
Posted on November 9, 2013 by vivaclipper

Harbour File Size Limits
Max record size: 2^16-1 = 65535 byts ( 64 MB )
Max number of recors : 2^32-1 = 4,294,967,295 ( 4 Bilion )
Max .dbf file size : 2^48 = 256 TB
Max DBT memo file size : 2 TB
Max FPT memo file size : 256 GB
Max SMT memo file size : 128 GB
Max NTX file size (standard) : 4GB
Max NTX file size (incresead ) : 4TB
Max CDX file size : 4GB

https://vivaclipper.wordpress.com/2013/ ... ze-limits/

So dbf file limit is 256 TB
Last edited by hmpaquito on Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
hmpaquito

Postby hmpaquito » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:00 am

Mulyadi wrote:Rick said:
To All

1+++++

I have been using the Oracle database for a long time.

I don't want to be bothered with Index, Reindex, Backup, and other problems.
and also the quality of hardware on database performance.

that oracle is paid, yes, there will be no convenience that can be obtained for free.

Regards
Mulyadi

Harbour is free :roll:
hmpaquito

Postby nageswaragunupudi » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:05 am

hmpaquito wrote:
nageswaragunupudi wrote:DBF has file size limitation of 2 GB.

Harbour File Size Limits
Posted on November 9, 2013 by vivaclipper

Harbour File Size Limits
Max record size: 2^16-1 = 65535 byts ( 64 MB )
Max number of recors : 2^32-1 = 4,294,967,295 ( 4 Bilion )
Max .dbf file size : 2^48 = 256 TB
Max DBT memo file size : 2 TB
Max FPT memo file size : 256 GB
Max SMT memo file size : 128 GB
Max NTX file size (standard) : 4GB
Max NTX file size (incresead ) : 4TB
Max CDX file size : 4GB

https://vivaclipper.wordpress.com/2013/ ... ze-limits/

So dbf file limit is 256 TB

Thanks for the information.
That means my knowledge is out-dated and I need to update myself. :)
Then we can go limitless even with DBFs :-) Great news.
Regards

G. N. Rao.
Hyderabad, India
nageswaragunupudi

Postby nageswaragunupudi » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:09 am

Harbour is free :roll:

MySql, MariaDB, PostGre are also free.

Anyway,
Corporates use RDBMS purchased with "support".
Regards

G. N. Rao.
Hyderabad, India
nageswaragunupudi

Postby Mulyadi » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:11 pm

for me personally the main factor is data security and the sustainability of the technology that supports it.

especially now it's time to work online or e-commercial.
of course the safety factor is the main choice.

we are not attacked by hackers not because we are safe, but maybe they don't think our data is valuable.

At first I used the DBF file with the CDX index.
Often there is damage to the index file and the time required to reindex it is also not short.

Another problem is the speed of access if the number of records is very large.

often the command 'seek' or 'locate for' only finds the nearest data so the calculated reference variable is wrong.
I am not sure if it is a DBF file characteristic problem or a hardware effect, but after switching to RDBMS this problem is no longer there.

These include problems with saving image data, how to find special markers in image files and other limitations. there will be a lot of time wasted just creating a program code.
if the amount of data is small the problem does not exist. but if the number of data records is very large then with DBF files problems will arise.

This is just my experience when using DBF files, of course for all of us we are free to use what kind of databse technology.

Regards.
Mulyadi.
Mulyadi

Previous

Return to FiveWin para Harbour/xHarbour