suggestions how to implement a procedure with xbrowse

suggestions how to implement a procedure with xbrowse

Postby Silvio.Falconi » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:56 pm

I work in a school.

in school when you have to purchase the products you have to ask for at least 5 or 6 quotes from different suppliers.

It happens that you do not always ask the same material in the 5 suppliers.

This is because you have to take the material and then you have to make an estimate for the product quality and for the price of each product required.

if I ask for a quote of some products to only one provider I can use a table xbrowse

the problem is that if the number of suppliers is 6 I have to do 6 xbrowse tables and insert in these pictures the required products

How do I fix it so you can easily enter in all the tables required products?

First suggestion
I thought I'd create only a table for 6 supplier type :

product code CR
Description CR
amount Numeric
supplier 1 logic
supplier 2 logic
supplier 3 logic
supplier 4 logic
supplier 5 logic
supplier 6 logic

but I do not know what the suppliers have to select them at the time of budget creation

Second suggestion
or I can makke many folders as the number of suppliers and enter a xbrowse on each folder
on this case should insert the products to 6 times
and often I do not have to enter the same product to the same supplier

in the end I have to create a page in WinWord or RTF for each vendor where you enter the required products

Can you give me some good advice?
Since from 1991/1992 ( fw for clipper Rel. 14.4 - Momos)
I use : FiveWin for Harbour November 2023 - January 2024 - Harbour 3.2.0dev (harbour_bcc770_32_20240309) - Bcc7.70 - xMate ver. 1.15.3 - PellesC - mail: silvio[dot]falconi[at]gmail[dot]com
Silvio.Falconi

Re: suggestions how to implement a procedure with xbrowse

Postby Marc Venken » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:07 am

Silvio,

Also a suggestion :

Create 2 xbrowse : 1 with all available products that you could ever want to ask a quotation for.

Second Xbrowse that you fill with a selection of the current products in the first xbrowse that you want.
For the first vendor you can than print, mail, .... this xbrowse, and lets say save it to a quotation dbf with this product and date and ID of the vendor.

For the second vendor, the xbrowse is still filled with all data for the first vendor, and you only erase/add items you need for the second vendor.

You repeet for each vendor the same process.

It only involves 2 xbrowse, and you can recall quotation informatie from the database to add the prices of your vendors.

BTW : If you vendors have exel files with all there products (most of them have it) you could easaly import them in the second xbrowse so you already know if the vendor has the product.
With the selection, you can then ask the quotation.

Just a idea ...

Marc
Marc Venken
Using: FWH 23.04 with Harbour
Marc Venken

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour