TurboMan is back!

TurboMan is back!

Postby modicr » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:14 am

© I'm not patented!
modicr

Postby Antonio Linares » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:40 am

Its quite strange. They recently announced that they were going to sell Delphi and all desktop development line products.

Now they announce Turbo products line...
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby Maurilio Viana » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:47 pm

Borland created a company named DevCo (or any like this) that include all IDE products (Delphi, Kylix, C++ Builder...) to separate he IDE product line. This "new" company was sold a few days ago and I think this name will change.
"Turbo" products is the name of new line from this new company. Basically will exist two type of products:
- Personal:
Totally free to develop any personal or comercial application. The only limitation is you can't add brd part components in Personal version (only default pallete is available).

- Enterprise:
Will cost US$ 500 and you can create personal or comercial applications (royaltie free) and this version let you include 3rd part components.

This strategy was adopted after MS announce your 'Personal Edition' of products like VB.NET, C#, SQL Server, etc. Borland products stay very spensive to "fight" with these free MS products.
The IDE run was started :D

Regards,
Maurilio
Maurilio Viana

Postby Antonio Linares » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:36 am

Maurilio,

>
Totally free to develop any personal or comercial application. The only limitation is you can't add brd part components in Personal version (only default pallete is available).
>

I have read that another limitation is that you can have just one (free) language on your computer:

http://www.duntemann.com/Diary.htm
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby Antonio Linares » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:04 pm

They are already available to download
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby Maurilio Viana » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:52 pm

One or two days after Turbo Delphi be available to download a "hack" was created to let user add 3rd part components.

And it wasn't a complex "hack" or "patch", was a single trick to let this functionality. Any friends say it was very strange. Was very easy to "broke" the new Delphi limitation and appear to be a intentional plan of new Delphi's company.

For curiosity purposes I downloaded the new Delphi. But I haven't time (and HD space) to install it :D

In IDEs I like any features like autocomplete code (an easy way to know all method and properties from an object without remember all) and don't use variables not declared or attrib him a wrong value. However I prefer the "traditional way to encode programs" because I have all control of my programs.
A bad feature of IDE is hide the code from us and limit our knowledge about our own code :(

Regards from Brazil
Maurilio
Maurilio Viana

Return to Off Topic / Otros temas