Repeating Error

Repeating Error

Postby byron.hopp » Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:39 pm

All, I get an error almost once a day after lunch on this application:

Error description: (DOS Error -2147352567) WINOLE/1007 [DBNETLIB][ConnectionWrite (send()).]General network error. Check your network documentation. (0x80004005): Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server

I also noticed that for about a month ago my exe is around 7 MB, when before is was about 5 MB.

Any ideas, other than me going into the Tree Growing Business?

Thanks,
Thanks,
Byron Hopp
Matrix Computer Services
byron.hopp

Re: Repeating Error

Postby Marc Venken » Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:13 am

Mostly after lunch ....

Maybe that there is a timeout on the database that is not closed before going to lunch ?
Marc Venken
Using: FWH 23.04 with Harbour
Marc Venken

Postby Marc Venken » Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:15 am

From ChatGPT :

The error WINOLE/1007 [DBNETLIB][ConnectionWrite (send()) indicates a problem with the network connection to a Microsoft SQL Server database. This error occurs when there is an issue sending data to the database. Here are some possible causes and solutions:

Network Issues: There might be a problem with the network connection between the client and the server. Check the network connection and ensure there are no interruptions or connectivity issues.

Firewall Settings: A firewall might be blocking the communication. Ensure the necessary ports are open and that the firewall is not blocking the connection.

Server Load: The server might be overloaded, causing timeouts or interruptions. Check the server load and ensure it is not overburdened.

SQL Server Configuration: There might be a configuration issue with the SQL Server itself. Verify the server settings and ensure it is correctly configured.

Database Connections: The maximum number of concurrent connections might have been reached. Check and possibly increase the maximum allowed connections.

Network Drivers: Outdated or corrupt network drivers can also cause such errors. Make sure the network drivers are up-to-date.

Timeout Settings: The timeout limit for network connections might be too low. Increase the timeout settings in the connection string or the SQL Server configuration.

If the above solutions do not resolve the issue, there might be specific log files or error messages on the server that provide more detailed information about the cause of the error. Consulting those log files can provide further clues.
Marc Venken
Using: FWH 23.04 with Harbour
Marc Venken

Postby karinha » Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:34 pm

João Santos - São Paulo - Brasil - Phone: +55(11)95150-7341
karinha

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour