Manuel Mercado & TSBROWSE class

Postby mmercado » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:10 am

! WOW ! what a chain :D

Por tratarse del foro en español y a causa de mi pobre inglés, le pediré a algún amigo que nos haga favor de traducir después.

Nadie conoce la verdadera historia mejor que yo.

Cuando inicié el proyecto, me encontraba en una situación económica muy difícil y así se los hice saber, esa fue la causa de que solicitara su ayuda ya que de otra forma, también lo hubiera donado gratuitamente como todo lo demás.

La ayuda que se les solicitó y que muchos amigos me brindaron, fue de 50 dólares (no euros), con lo que pude sobrevivir durante algún tiempo dedicado casi al 100% a dicho proyecto.

En su momento, publiqué la lista de los amigos que me ayudaron y a quienes siempre les estaré agradecido.

En el 2002 me vi forzado a suspender todas mis actividades (no solamente mi trabajo en la programación), debido a una seria enfermedad que me postró durante mucho tiempo.

El trabajo con Visual FiveWin fue real y le estoy pidiendo a alguien en el foro que me permita alojar los programas fuente de dicho proyecto, inconcluso hasta la fecha pero que funciona (claro, con muchas limitaciones). Eso les permitirá analizar el trabajo realizado y se darán cuenta a simple vista que fue mucho. Actualmente lo uso con frecuencia para crear el inicio de mis nuevas aplicaciones.

Aunque ahora no tengo mucho dinero, le pediré a quien lo solicite, que me de sus datos para reemborsarle con mucho gusto (y lo digo de corazón) su aportación y, no por esto dejaré de agradecerle su ayuda que tanto me sirvió en su momento.

Aunque actualmente para sobrevivir tengo que trabajar en otras cosas, no dejo de vez en cuando de revisar el proyecto con la intención de terminarlo y ponerlo a su disposición.

Unicamente me resta decirles que yo nunca vendí nada, simplemente pedí y recibí la ayuda de los amigos. Espero que esto aclare las cosas pidiendo disculpas a todos aquellos que se sienten o se sintieron estafados porque nunca fue esa mi intención.

Sin resentimiento alguno por los comentarios, les repito mi intención de seguir en lo posible, contribuyendo con mi modesto trabajo a la supervivencia de nuestro lenguaje de programación.

En breve (así lo espero si 7.12 me lo permite) :oops: pondré a su disposición mi trabajo más actualizado.

Que Dios los bendiga.

Manuel Mercado.
mmercado

Postby ShumingWang » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:43 am

Below translated by google:

! WOW! What a chain Very Happy

As the forum in Spanish and because of my poor English, I will ask a friend to us please translate later.

Nobody knows the true story better than I do.

When the project started, I was in a very difficult economic situation and so they did know, that was the reason why we seek your help because otherwise, it would have donated for free as everything else.

The aid being requested and many friends gave me was $ 50 (euro), which can survive for some time devoted almost 100% to the draft.

At the time, I published a list of the friends who helped me and who always will be grateful.

In 2002 I was forced to suspend all my activities (not just my job in programming), due to a serious illness that I fell for a long time.

Working with Visual FiveWin was real and I am asking someone in the forum that allows me to accommodate the programs source of this project, so far inconclusive, but it works (of course, with many limitations). That would allow them to analyze the work done and will realize at first glance that was a lot. Currently I use frequently to create the beginning of my new applications.

Although now I do not have much money, you ask anyone who requests it, to me your information reemborsarle very happy (and I say heart), and their contribution, not because this will certainly thank him for his assistance that helped me at the time .

Although now in order to survive I have to work on other things, not leave once in a while to review the project with the intention to finish it and make it available.

I can only tell you that I never sold anything, merely asked and received help from friends. I hope that clarifies things apologies to all those who feel or felt cheated because that was never my intention.

Without any resentment by the comments, I repeat my intention to continue to the extent possible, contributing to my humble work to the survival of our programming language.

In short (and I hope you will allow me if 7.12) Embarassed will put my job at its disposal tools.

May God bless you.

Manuel Mercado.
ShumingWang

Postby mmercado » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:06 am

I'm really sorry, I would have sworn that was at the Spanish forum.

Things of age :D

Let this serve to wish everyone a very happy Christmas and the best year for 2008

Best Regards.

Manuel Mercado
mmercado

Postby ShumingWang » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:43 am

Manuel Mercado,
Very glad to see you again!
Wish you have a Merry Christmas and a Happay NEW YEAR!
Shuming Wang
Guangzhou(Canton),Guangdong,China
ShumingWang

Postby Otto » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:37 am

Detlef,

>I even can't believe what the mallorca.prg of the FWH samples is doing if you want to enter values which don't match a valid clause.
It's a mere mess.

Did you report these problems here before?

Best regards,
Otto
Otto

Postby Detlef Hoefner » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:21 am

Otto wrote:Detlef,

>I even can't believe what the mallorca.prg of the FWH samples is doing if you want to enter values which don't match a valid clause.
It's a mere mess.

Did you report these problems here before?

Best regards,
Otto

Hi Otto,

yes, i did in thread http://fivetechsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=33372&highlight=#33372
But there was no satifying advice to solve the problem.
Even in FWH 7.12 the main problem exists.

Regards,
Detlef
Detlef Hoefner

Postby Detlef Hoefner » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:40 am

mmercado wrote:I'm really sorry, I would have sworn that was at the Spanish forum.

Things of age :D

Let this serve to wish everyone a very happy Christmas and the best year for 2008

Best Regards.

Manuel Mercado

Hi Manuel,

glad to see you here :D .

First of all i asure you that i never felt and don't feel cheated by you.
The few Euros i payed are a poor donation for a great tool as your TsBrowse is.

On your place i wouldn't distribute a new xHarbour Browser for free.
Make it a comercial product like noway, or tDada class with a reasonable price.
No real programmer can expect good work for free.
And honestly i doubt that a lot of developers used your class for their applications gave away their programs for free.

Have a merry Christmas and a healthy new year.
Detlef
Detlef Hoefner

Postby Antonio Linares » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:44 am

Detlef, Otto,

> Even in FWH 7.12 the main problem exists.

Yes, we are aware of those problems and its on our todo list to fix them.

We have been working these past months on the Class TXBrowse to fix bugs and to enhance it (please review whatsnew.txt and you will see our work on it). We are quite confident that all its bugs will be solved soon.
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby Richard Chidiak » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:29 pm

Antonio

You have done a superb job on txbrowse, really appreciated. I have moved parts of my application to this browser. Still missing something...

I thought It's christmas time :D , may i ask for a special request ? to have a bonprevedit block that can be evaluated before editing, this is one of the best features in tsbrowse.

Thanks in advance,

Manuel, Welcome back, you have friends in this forum, i am very happy to see you around.

Richard
http://www.cbati.com

Uestudio
Fwh 13.05 Harbour 3.2 MSVC 2013
Richard Chidiak

Postby Detlef Hoefner » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:59 pm

James Bott wrote:Detlef,

>but after some other misbehaviours i changed to Hernan's browse.

Do you remember what other problems you had?

James

James,

i don't remember very well my other TsBrowse related problems.
The one with the super header which i already discribed.
And there was an issue with entering data into cells. I had always click 2 times on a btnget when using the calendar.
Sometimes the whole screen was messed up when pressing Enter to edit a cell.

I was a little bit enervated because with FiveWin 16bit and TsBrowse i had only very few problems.
But i exactly remember that i had more hair on my head before :cry: .

But i'm looking forward to either a debugged xBrowse from Antonio or a new TsxBrowse from Manuel.

Regards,
Detlef
Detlef Hoefner

TsBrowse and Manuel

Postby TimStone » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:35 am

I was also one who contributed to Manuel. However, as I understood it, we were not buying a product, but rather we were helping out a fellow programmer who had helped us a lot, and at the time he had a financial need. I believe everyone heard that Manuel got sick and we hoped he would get better quickly. I don't remember anyone being concerned about the money.

I'm using TSBrowse thorughout a program, and I like it very much. James and I have talked about some issues and he has addressed some. I think the following is still accurate with the latest set of revisions that I have:

1) When I load a browse for the first time, across a network with the data provided by Advantage Data Server, the load time can be very slow. Thereafter it seems to run much more quickly.
2) Sometimes the delay is very long, and then I get a "confused dialog" where the browse takes up the whole dialog space, overrunning the edit boxes usually found in the upper 3rd of the window.
3) I've run into some issues with arrays. Generally they work well, but not always.
4) I do have some super headers and they are working.
5) Its simply not as fast as other browses.

I'll see how this all works out in the significant full power testing I'll be running in a week. Hopefully it will hold up because I revised all of my code to use this browse. If not, I'll have to look at alternatives.
Tim Stone
http://www.MasterLinkSoftware.com
http://www.autoshopwriter.com
timstone@masterlinksoftware.com
Using: FWH 23.10 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022-24 32/64 bit
TimStone

Postby mmercado » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:43 am

Hi Tim:

Very glad to see you.

I just started working with FWH 7.12 and got, with no significant pain, my first 32 bits app.

Here is the executable and source code for you all to analize it.

http://www.hotshare.net/file/25519-6582734732.html

It uses updated TSBrowse (which you'll have later) and TSbutton (with some painting bugs that I'm analizing to fix them)

Best regards and hapy hollydays

Manuel Mercado
mmercado

Postby jose_murugosa » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:32 pm

> El trabajo con Visual FiveWin fue real y le estoy pidiendo a alguien en el foro que me permita alojar los programas fuente de dicho proyecto, inconcluso hasta la fecha pero que funciona (claro, con muchas limitaciones)

Sr. Mercado, con gusto puedo brindarle hosting para sus fuentes y para lo que guste dentro de mis posibilidades sin costo alguno para Ud., sírvase comunicarse conmigo a:

jmurugosa@gmail.com
Saludos/Regards,
José Murugosa
FWH + Harbour + Bcc7. Una seda!
jose_murugosa

TSBrowse

Postby TimStone » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:43 pm

Manuel,

Perhaps you should get a copy of the TSBrowse we are currently using. James has found and cleaned some bugs, and I think some others have added to it a bit. That would allow you to eliminate some work that may have already been done.

Also, there may have been some changes made in 7.12 FWH that should be brought over to TSBrowse. That would then allow it to be 100 % compatible with FWH which would be good. There are many advances in recent months that make it truly present a good display to the clients which is consistant with Office 2007.

Finally, some of the issues mentioned here about ADS might be incorporated into the browser. That would allow people to see better performance on their networks which I do know is a problem.

Thanks .. have a meryy Christmas.

Tim
Tim Stone
http://www.MasterLinkSoftware.com
http://www.autoshopwriter.com
timstone@masterlinksoftware.com
Using: FWH 23.10 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022-24 32/64 bit
TimStone

Postby nazariosn » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:25 am

Manuel Mercado.

Creo que los aportes realizados valen más que la ayuda que recibió, más bién, gracias por hacer que las cosas sean sencillas y porque aun nos pueda seguir ayudando al igual que muchos en este foro, no puedo enumerarlos por temor a pecar por olvidar a alguien, además gracias a Antonio por seguir en lucha en esta dificil carrera de la informática.

ANIMO A TODOS.

Desde la Ciudad de México, D.F.
Nazario Salazar N.
nazariosn

Previous

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour