Mouseover - Listbox item

Mouseover - Listbox item

Postby Jeff Barnes » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:07 am

Is it possible to highlight an item in a listbox (entire row) in red when the mouse is over that item.
I would still like to keep the standard blue for a selected item.
Thanks,
Jeff Barnes

(FWH 16.11, xHarbour 1.2.3, Bcc730)
Jeff Barnes

Re: Mouseover - Listbox item

Postby James Bott » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:18 pm

Jeff,

I am sure it is possible but I think it would require a fair amount of work possibly requiring modification of the listbox control source too.

This is not standard behavior so I would advise it.

Also, there are some issues that would concern me. Moving the mouse all the way down or up a table would require redrawing each record as the cursor passes over it, so there might be a significant lag time and a rather disconcerting flashing of colors.

As there is the dilemma of what color to use when the cursor is over the currently selected record.

If you are attempting to provide a more visually distinct row when a user wants to look at that row then just clicking on the row will do that already (without any modifications). Do you have a different reason for wanting this?

Regards,
James
James Bott

Re: Mouseover - Listbox item

Postby Jeff Barnes » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:37 pm

One of my customers had asked for this ... at the time, their reasoning seemed to make sense but now I don't fully remember what their reasoning was :oops:
They haven't mentioned it again so i think I'm just going to leave it alone. As you said ... it's not standard so I will just leave it as it :)
Thanks,
Jeff Barnes

(FWH 16.11, xHarbour 1.2.3, Bcc730)
Jeff Barnes

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour